Options

Harvard and MIT launching edx!

they are launching a program called edx - which is a open-source free online learning.
Harvardx and MITx will give certificates upon completion. (u just need to register at www.edx.org) no admission is needed.

guys, any one taking edx this october ??

Comments

• Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The course I've been thinking about taking is CS50x: Introduction to Computer Science but with my current university and certs this might make it where the little amount of time I already don't have will only become worse.
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    JayTheCrackerJayTheCracker Member Posts: 169
    i signed up for both 6.00x from MITx and CS50x from Harvardx. yep, i also don't have much time. we have to work it out :)
  • Options
    paulgswansonpaulgswanson Member Posts: 311
    I might hit up CS1881.1x, screw that CS169.1x one though (only adding napalm to the already outta control fire)
    http://paulswansonblog.wordpress.com/
    WGU Progress: B.S. Network Management & Design <- I quit (got bored)
  • Options
    kgbkgb Member Posts: 380
    I want to take the SaaS class, but since every day I spend enrolled at WGU costs me money, I can't justify spending time on any other class.

I can't wait to finish up WGU, so I can start taking all these free classes available though. There isn't a shortage of information freely available and it's only going to get better.
    Bachelor of Science, Information Technology (Software) - WGU
  • Options
    gabyprgabypr Member Posts: 136 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I bookmarked the website. Looks very interesting and I like it. Right now im doing my masters but I will keep in touch with the development of edx website. Thanks for the share.
    EC-Council Master in Security Science M.S.S [Done]

Reading Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Exam prep by Sohel Akhter
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,039 Admin
    Lots more classes and subject varieties over at Academic Earth. Videos of university classes rather than actual enrollment in a class.
  • Options
    lifehaggarlifehaggar Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The SaaS class looks like the same one that was on Coursera. Very good in my opinion. I wonder how they will approach it differently in terms of logistics.
  • Options
    WhiteoutWhiteout Member Posts: 248
    Taking the Intro CS class at Harvard!
    Never stop learning.
  • Options
    mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    same here =p taking the intro to Computer Science.
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE