Options

hello

cb3dwacb3dwa Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I took my time but finally a CCNA so starting CCNP path from now.

Ive been looking at doing a 10 week course for ROUTE but Sunderland University and College have stopped doing them.
Would it be worth looking at boot camps or just self study ?

Im hoping work foot the bill :)

Many Thanks

Comments

• Options
    f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm a fan of self-study, personally. The only reason why is because it gives you time to soak in the material so it's in your long-term memory. From my point of view, once you get your CCNP expectations go up a lot from having a CCNA. It's because of this expectation that I've spent more time on the CCNP materials to be sure I fully understand it and can configure it. But it also depends on your learning style as well :). If you do best with someone in front of you teaching, it would make more sense to go with the class.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Most people here tend to prefer the self study approach. It's cheaper and allows you to go at your own pace. No guarantee your instructor will have a clue anyway.

Also please attempt to use some capitalization to make your posts professional.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    KrekenKreken Member Posts: 284
    Besides the book, I would suggest getting CBT Nuggets series for CCNP. Jeremy is an amazing teacher and I haven't regret it buying his course. It is a bit expensive but compared to the actual class, costs much less. Also, instead of buying physical routers, familiarize yourself with GNS3 to do the labs.
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Self study and grind
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • Options
    MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    self study is the way i think.
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • Options
    wavewave Member Posts: 342
    Yep, self study: ROUTE > SWITCH > TSHOOT

ROUTE Passed 1 May 2012
    SWITCH Passed 25 September 2012
    TSHOOT Passed 23 October 2012
    Taking CCNA Security in April 2013 then studying for the CISSP