Kindle Users: Anyone notice a drop in quality lately?

zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
Has anyone else noticed a change in quality control with Kindle books lately? I have noticed formatting errors in 2 books I have purchased over the last month. I don't know if it is just a bad luck of the draw or if Amazon is just hitting a convert button and whatever it spits out they put up for sale. I have been using kindle for my books for a good part of a year now and haven't had any issues. These last two books though the formatting is clearly noticeable in the first few pages so it is obvious that nobody took a look at the Kindle book before putting it up.

Comments

• RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I sometimes think that the case is that they use a converter and just publish what ever the output is. I have also had some issues with a number of books. The Design of Everyday Things, which every person in IT - especially developers - should read, is an example. The kindle version was missing several images.
  • zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
    Robert, thanks for the heads up. Have you had any luck contacting Amazon about these problems?
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819 ■■■■■□□□□□
    my wife hasnt had any issue (i rarely use amazon for books) with major publishers, she has ran across some issues with self/small publishers with spelling or formatting
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I have never bothered to complain about it. Generally I was using text to speech to listen to the book on the way to work so the lack of the photos was not a huge deal.
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I ran into this problem with less popular books in the IT area. They looked like some poorly formatted PDF conversions. I had one which I can't remember but it looked like a photocopy imported into Kindle, smudges and all lol.