70-647 passed on the nose today

Well finally passed this beast today. Got a score of 700 so just on the nose. Wish had got a better score as I failed this exam earlier in the year with a score of 621 I think it was. So the 6 months extra I spend studying was obviously spent studying some of the wrong stuff.

What I used Study wise.
The MS press book both 2008 and R2.
Server unleashed.
A ESXi Server hosting domain running the 2008 r2 with the trial copies of exchange 2010, SQL 2008, Forefront, A linux box with samba mount. A windows server that was used as a ISCi SAN. I basically set up a domain and used the trial versions of MS products and played about with the ones i was not really sure of.
Oh and the sticky on this forum.

A massive thanks to all the guys on here for their links and advise as I was ready to just forget this exam but glad done it and got it done.

Planned next spend some time with my new son then look at the linux plus and poss the RHCSA
Currently reading: Syngress Linux + and code academy website (Java and Python modules)

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

Comments

• KeenerKeener Member Posts: 146 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Enjoy the time with the little one. It is well worth it! icon_thumright.gif
    Pain is only temporary. No matter how bad it gets, it always ends!
  • Ch@rl!3m0ngCh@rl!3m0ng Member Posts: 139
    Thanks Keener. I will do, though I have the Syngress Linux Plus book staring at me so I may have to pick it up and have a read.....
    Currently reading: Syngress Linux + and code academy website (Java and Python modules)

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'
  • al3kt.R***al3kt.R*** Member Posts: 118
    Congrats, nice lab setup m8icon_thumright.gif

If you own some good Linux skills I'd say go straight for the RHCSA/RHCE (Michael Jang's book is excellent for preparing for these exams)!!!

Good luck bro
    "Tigranes: Good heavens! Mardonius, what kind of men have brought us to fight against? Men who do not compete for possessions, but for honour."--- Herodotus, The Histories
    "Nipson anomemata me monan opsin"--- Gregory of Nazianzus
    "Bruce Schneier's secure handshake is so strong, you won't be able to exchange keys with anyone else for days."--- Bruce Schneier Facts
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on passing!
  • Ch@rl!3m0ngCh@rl!3m0ng Member Posts: 139
    al3kt.R*** wrote: »
    Congrats, nice lab setup m8icon_thumright.gif

If you own some good Linux skills I'd say go straight for the RHCSA/RHCE (Michael Jang's book is excellent for preparing for these exams)!!!

Good luck bro

Thanks al3kt.R Gonna do the Linux plus first as got it free with the company that I got my EA books and exams through. Then onto RHCSA/RHCE.

Will check out the book you mentioned as am sure it will also help prep for the Linux Plus one. Am thinking with this to study to pass the RHCE and when I feel comfortable that I can pass it book all 3 exams in the same week (If thats possible??) Then get them all banged out. I read on a blog that has a link somewhere on here that a guy who has all the CCIE's prepped for them this way, so thought would give it a bash and see how i go icon_smile.gif

Edit 4 exams Linux plus is 2 lol