Options

Dell Certs?

Hey guys, I have access to the Dell training system for a temp gig I am doing. The program manager told me I can take whatever training under there that I want. Is anyone familiar with Dell certs and can recommend a few that might look good on a resume? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Dell bought out SonicWall icon_wink.gif Don't know about Oregon but here in Florida I've seen a couple of jobs that want SonicWall certs
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    EV42TMANEV42TMAN Member Posts: 256
    I had to do a sonicwalll technical sales cert to recertify my employer as a certified reseller when dell bought them out. it was the day after i passed the CCNA. That was a giant waste of time.

As im typing this i got an outlook reminder that i have a sonicwall lunch and learn in 30 mins lol.
    Current Certification Exam: ???
    Future Certifications: CCNP Route Switch, CCNA Datacenter, random vendor training.
  • Options
    zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
    Ahh Sonicwall, didn't even think of that, but that is probably the most valuable right now huh? I will have to take a look at the portal once I get home and see what kind of training is available to me there.
  • Options
    Vik210Vik210 Member Posts: 197
    I have worked for DELL for 13 months and never came across any trainings. I was supporting DELL hardware over the phone and they had some basic online tutorials about their products. Dont remember any kind of certifications though.
  • Options
    antielvisantielvis Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey man, if the training is free and you have the time, take it. What harm can it do? Dell really doesn't have partners (as far as I know) but it might open some doors.

As for Sonicwall, I am not certified, but I've most definitely used their product. It's VERY common in small/medium business. It's also a damn fine product that's pretty intuitive & pretty solid. I used one at home for years. I don't think you can just write that Sonicwall exam though. You need a course.

PS. I should add Sonicwall has a ton of free training on their website if anyone is interested.