Options

How is Richard Deal's CCNA Study compared to...

magyk5magyk5 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was at my local bookstore and saw three study guides by Deal, Lammle and Odom. Online all three seem to have the same average rating.

After reading a few pages I found Deal's book to be an easier read. Does anyone think I'll be missing out on anything important if I buy Deal's book?

I'm new to the field of networking and I found Lammle's & Odom's books to be more technical. I think they expect that I do have some experience in the world of networking.
Happiness is merely the remission of pain.

Comments

• Options
    cmkeithcmkeith Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have read Richard Deals book three times. I have yet to pass the exam. I have taken the test twice and both times the break down of the scores was almost identical. The boson Network simulator that comes with the book is worth the price of the book. That is the saving grace. However, he mentions multiple times in the book that the 1900 and 2950 are both on the exam. I have yet to see a question that refers to either. They all state, "a cisco switch." Todd Lammle's book is supposed to be great but it does not seem to read as well. I read a few chapters and reverted to Deal's book out of boredom. Deals is a good book but I would not cout on using just a book to pass. Practice on the labs and try www.****.net.
    Studying for CCNA
  • Options
    NoodsNoods Member Posts: 168
    Odoms book is very comprehensive, and covers all the content.