am i eligible for 72-680?

smslcesmslce Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi. sorry about my english.

I am currently doing my post graduation, and I do not have any work experience. I liked to take a certification on windows 7. I found MCTS 72-680 test could be taken by a student. But I didn't find any exam representing 72-680 in http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx/ .

Also i found MCTS 70-680, where atleast one year work experience is needed to take the exam.

And this would be my first certification exam(if eligible for it).

So , what i want to know is,

Is there any test MCTS 72-680? and Am I eligible for it ,though I had no work experience ? If eligible , please give me some info on , contents to prepare for the exam, and the procedure on , how to apply for the test? are there any pre-requisite tests to be taken to attend to 72-680 test

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    In my experience, the only differences between a 70-series test and a 72-series test are that you need to bring a valid, current student ID with you to the testing center to prove you're in school and the price for the 72-series is lower. Other than that, the exam is exactly the same, the procedure to sign up is the same, and the exam experience is the same. You are able to use the same study materials - books, videos, labs, etc. - for the student version of the exam since the questions aren't different, as far as I know.

Go to Prometric.com, sign up for the 72-680 exam, make sure you bring a student ID card with you on test-day, and you should be fine.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've never been asked for a student ID when I take a 72 exam. Registering for the exam with a .edu email address seems to be enough.
  • Ch@rl!3m0ngCh@rl!3m0ng Member Posts: 139
    smslce wrote: »
    Also i found MCTS 70-680, where atleast one year work experience is needed to take the exam.

Not sure about the student bit though the one years experience is not a requirement but a recomendation. So go for it and good luck icon_smile.gif
    Currently reading: Syngress Linux + and code academy website (Java and Python modules)

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'
  • kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    at least the 72-680 are normals exams
    no requirements
    You just need to be enrolled in a University and I think you need a .edu email (not sure)
    Just take your ID to the test center when you go take the exam
    the 72 exams are the same as the 70s ones
    meh