Options

passed my icnd1 today

orange_badgerorange_badger Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
yeh so as the title says passed my icnd1 been messing about with cisco stuff for ages but only really started proper studying towards the test in may scored 950/1000

used the following
cisco press - ccnet/ccna icnd1 640-822 official cert guide wendell odom third edition
CBT nuggets
some cool random subnet question generator program
random subnet question generator website
some android icnd/ccna quiz apps

and by far the best bar this website vce mobile app

gonna have a break for the rest of the week and then dive straight in to icnd2, target is two months will see.

thanks to anyone who has helped me or answered any of my questions on this forum.

Comments

• Options
    THA_DOCTHA_DOC Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrads to you on Passing ICND1!icon_thumright.gif
    An Open Mind, Working to Get IT!:cheers:

DOC
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Now the real fun begins with icnd2.
  • Options
    Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    Congratulations! That is a great score. Good luck on ICND2.
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    Prasad SatavPrasad Satav Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass..! Great score..!

All the very best for ICND2 :)
  • Options
    dcren21dcren21 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I hope to be there myself soon.
    WGU B.S. IT - Security (Start Date 8/1/12) : Transferred | Required | In Progress | Completed
    AGC1 BBC1 LAE1 LUT1 QBT1 INT1 BVC1 RIT1 INC1 CUV1 BOV1 GAC1 HHT1 DHV1 CSV1 QLT1 IWC1 IWT1 DJV1 KET1 TPV1 CVV1 CJV1 KFT1 SBT1 RGT1 CTV1 CNV1 CQV1 COV1 AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1 MGC1 BNC1
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    Michael2Michael2 Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Do you have any advice for us aspiring CCENTs?
  • Options
    orange_badgerorange_badger Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks guys really wanted this

this is only my advice to which you asked for and even if you only take a bit from it thats cool just putting it out there for anyone who is in your position

Subnetting
    Find a system that works for you, don’t be intimidated by what books say or suggest you do. Im dyslexic and have an awful time with numbers but enjoy subnetting the most, actually find it one of the most easiest things to do aswell as rewarding lol.

Multiple sources
    As you can tell if you seen anyone who completes this or other certs, they all tend to use multiple sources to study from. I had Wendell as my main go to book but also used some stuff from todd lammle, cbt nuggets as well as some free stuff I found floating on the web youtube etc etc. I found that working through a chapter and then cross checking it with other sources to see if u missed anything really helped also.

Notes
    Try and condense your notes down in to a single page of like keywords phrases commands numbers etc etc that you can then recall more information from.

Self confidence
    Make sure when you go into the test your confident in your own skills and stuff you been studying for. You dnt want to be doubting yourself that might lead to you doubting your answers and then your in a real mess .

Pre test
    This is where I made my mistake make sure you spend a decent amount of time using test simulating software going over anything you get wrong. I had ICND1 test app things on my phone so would be doing it while on my break at work on the bus train anywhere I had a free minute or two .

Booking the test

At first I thought I booked the test early but I found the sense of urgency it brought around made me push that little harder when it came to studying .
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations, Orange_badger.

We wish you all luck with the ICND2. It's going to be a blast!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yeh so as the title says passed my icnd1 been messing about with cisco stuff for ages but only really started proper studying towards the test in may scored 950/1000

used the following
    cisco press - ccnet/ccna icnd1 640-822 official cert guide wendell odom third edition
    CBT nuggets
    some cool random subnet question generator program
    random subnet question generator website
    some android icnd/ccna quiz apps

and by far the best bar this website vce mobile app

gonna have a break for the rest of the week and then dive straight in to icnd2, target is two months will see.

thanks to anyone who has helped me or answered any of my questions on this forum.

Congrats. I would take a nice little "celebration tour" but then again, your interest should be brimming right about now with the satisfaction of having passed with a whoop butt score (900+ for me is whoop butt) that I would love to capitalize on it if I was in your shoes. I would hit that ICND2 and have another immaculate framed reminder of success for your perusal until infinity!

Anyone use any of the Iphone apps. I am intrigued that you got some use out of some Android CCNA apps, isn't anyone else? But I wonder if flash cards are just as good if not better. I don't know if I can ever learn on a small screen this is why I am hoping the next Iphone is a LOT bigger if it is going to get my business else I will have to go the tablet pc route.
  • Options
    mohamedshajidmohamedshajid Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    WOW It's great mate, Congratulation dude. :D
    [2013] CCNA Cert Exam @IBM Premier Campus in Sri Lanka
    + Reading Todd Lammle CCNA 7th Edition, CCENT Cert Dummies
    I'm totally afraid of heard strange word of cisco
    + Next Career - Red Hat Linux Networking And CCNA: Security (2013 Before June)
  • Options
    HectorPHectorP Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! and thanks for the tips. I agree that it pays to cross check with multiple sources. I've found some books that contradict themselves. Enjoy the break.