Options

CISSP - it's official!

wrightjwrightj Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just got the email at 12:22 AM this morning (my time) that I'm an official CISSP ... WOOT!

Below is my timeline:

PBT - 1 June 2012
Exam Results - 13 July 2012
Endorsement Submitted - 20 August 2012
Endorsement Received Notification - 22 August 2012
CISSP Designation - 8 September 2012

Time between test and exam results: 42 days
Time between exam results and endorsement submission: 38 days
Time between endorsement submission and notification that endorsement was received: 2 days
Time between endorsement submission and CISSP designation: 19 days

Total turnaround time (exam to designation): 99 days

Keep in mind, I'm in Japan so all dates reflect as such (hence why I received my designation on 8 September when most of you are still on the 7th; if you're on the other side of the IDL).

This feels really good icon_cool.gif ... now on to CISM icon_study.gif

Ciao-
J

Comments

• Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    Congrats Man !1!

Japanese CISSP...hmmm. as a foreigner that speaks very elementary japanese but has decent computer skills and a salaryman work ethic (and associate of isc2 toward cissp), any tips on how can i wiggle myself into Japanese IT?
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats and good luck on the CISM.
  • Options
    Congrats Man !1!

Japanese CISSP...hmmm. as a foreigner that speaks very elementary japanese but has decent computer skills and a salaryman work ethic (and associate of isc2 toward cissp), any tips on how can i wiggle myself into Japanese IT?

Actually, I'm an American working in Japan for the Department of Defense as a civil service employee. My reference of Japan was just to reference the dates for the timeline. I presume there are many on this forum who are stateside and might wonder how I could receive my notification of CISSP designation on 8 Sep when it's still 7 Sep in the U.S. I'm actually in the future! ;)

Sorry, can't help you out in the Japanese IT circuit. ごめんなさい!

Ciao-
    J
  • Options
    Congrats Man !1!

Thanks!
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Japan is always in the future! :P
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, wrightj! icon_thumright.gif

Roguetadhg wrote: »
    Japan is always in the future! :P

LOL - Roguetadhg
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • Options
    al3kt.R***al3kt.R*** Member Posts: 118
    Conrgats to one more InfoSec Ninja icon_cheers.gif
    Wish best things are brought about for your career by holding this cert, good luck on the CISM path!!!
    "Tigranes: Good heavens! Mardonius, what kind of men have brought us to fight against? Men who do not compete for possessions, but for honour."--- Herodotus, The Histories
    "Nipson anomemata me monan opsin"--- Gregory of Nazianzus
    "Bruce Schneier's secure handshake is so strong, you won't be able to exchange keys with anyone else for days."--- Bruce Schneier Facts