Options

Part-time work-at-home IT jobs?

Hello,

I'm currently in a Full-Time work at home IT position, which I love, and I'm looking for additional supplemental income in another WAH IT part-time capacity. I'd found a few options online, but many are not flexible from a scheduling perspective (looking for evenings/weekends).

Does anyone know of any viable part-time Work @ Home IT opportunities?
WGU BSITStart Date: July 1, 2013
In Progress: CJV1 (4 CU)
Transfered: WFV1, TJP1, CLC1, INC1, INT1, EUP1, EUC1, BVC1, GAC1, DHV1, DIV1, CWV1, CRV1, DEV1, CTV1, DJV1, IWC1, IWT1, CVV1, RIT1, CIC1, CJC1, TBP1, TCP1, EAV1, EBV1, TJC1, AGC1 (82 CU)
Completed: MGC1, TPV1, CUV1 (14 CU)
Remaining: BOV1, BNC1, TXP1, TXC1, TYP1, TPC1, SBT1, QZT1 (22 CU)

Comments

• Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Iris mentioned something call On-Call awhile back. IIRC, you can pick up gigs where you drive to someone's home, fix their problem, and drive back for $75 or so. There are also sites offering remote jobs on a contract basis. They won't care when you work as long as you finish on time. Note, you will be competing with people in foreign countries.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    This can help supplement your income: https://www.workmarket.com/
  • Options
    gunbunnysouljagunbunnysoulja Member Posts: 353
    Thanks for the reply. I checked out the company Iris posted previously however I live in a remote area so I would have to drive a good distance to get gigs. I'd prefer to keep it strictly WAH. Remote jobs on a contract basic would be great.
    Transfered: WFV1, TJP1, CLC1, INC1, INT1, EUP1, EUC1, BVC1, GAC1, DHV1, DIV1, CWV1, CRV1, DEV1, CTV1, DJV1, IWC1, IWT1, CVV1, RIT1, CIC1, CJC1, TBP1, TCP1, EAV1, EBV1, TJC1, AGC1 (82 CU)

• Options
    MiikeBMiikeB Member Posts: 301
    You can try odesk.com especially if you have any programming or web design skills.
    Graduated - WGU BS IT December 2011
    Currently Enrolled - WGU MBA IT Start: Nov 1 2012, On term break, restarting July 1.
    QRT2, MGT2, JDT2, SAT2, JET2, JJT2, JFT2, JGT2, JHT2, MMT2, HNT2
    Future Plans - Davenport MS IA, CISSP, VCP5, CCNA, ITIL
    Currently Studying - VCP5, CCNA
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    MiikeB wrote: »
    You can try odesk.com especially if you have any programming or web design skills.
    Yup, that would be one of the popular remote contracting sites. You can snag rates of $100/hr here and there for a few hours of specialty work, but the long-term gigs mostly seemed closer to $40/hr. That didn't seem particularly worth it to me, especially given you had to bid on such jobs, but everyone's life situation here is a bit different and maybe it'll work for you.
  • Options
    gunbunnysouljagunbunnysoulja Member Posts: 353
    Awesome thanks for the info I will check odesk.com out. Also joined workmarket.com.

• Options
    computer g33kcomputer g33k Member Posts: 149
    There's room for those who want the easy work and those who want the challenges. You will, of course, generally be compensated in proportion to what you shoulder. :smile:
    Currently Studying: Anything & Everything/Cisco Networking Academy For CCNA. (on hold)
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well, depending on circumstances and such, this could be pushing the edge of what is ethical, but why limit your search to part-time gigs? You have already found a full-time WAH position... maybe look for another. You are at home and could multi task... and if things are flexible, you can get in all of your hours.

Personally, I don't see a problem with this unless you are committing fraud. Anyhow, food for thought.

Another idea is just to do things yourself. Find some company that wants some additional support for mundane tasks and offer it remotely. There are all kinds of organizations and they have different needs. Perhaps they have staff that has a skill level beyond entry-level but they don't want a full-time entry-level person on the books. You could remotely log in, check logs, backups, etc... things that many people do not tend to enjoy when they have the option of higher value work. Offer it as a flat fee monthly service based on the number of hours you anticipate spending.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    seth479seth479 Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used to use OnForce, WorkMarket and ServiceLive when I lived in bigger areas and got pretty steady work from those three alone. Then I added Elance.com, oDesk.com and Guru.com and just started 100% remote freelance. If you're wanting to work for a company you might check out PlumChoice, not enterprise IT but I worked on their team that handled AT&T ConnecTech stuff as a residential help desk tech and to me $14 an hour with bills totaling $120 a month was really nice. They usually hire through staffing agencies and I went through Technisource so you might check that out.
    LinkedIn | www.sethhall.com
    In Progress - MCSE: Messaging [] 70-341 [] 70-342
    Up Next - MCSE: Communication
    2016 Goals: MCSE: Messaging / Communication, CCENT, LPIC-1
  • Options
    al3kt.R***al3kt.R*** Member Posts: 118
    Yep, Elance and oDesk are great sites for what you are looking for!
    "Tigranes: Good heavens! Mardonius, what kind of men have brought us to fight against? Men who do not compete for possessions, but for honour."--- Herodotus, The Histories
    "Nipson anomemata me monan opsin"--- Gregory of Nazianzus
    "Bruce Schneier's secure handshake is so strong, you won't be able to exchange keys with anyone else for days."--- Bruce Schneier Facts
  • Options
    drkatdrkat Banned Posts: 703
    You could always post an ad on craigslist for "services" (and no not computer)