Options

Well, that's that, just came from taking CISSP today.

PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
icon_cheers.gif Woot!

Finished my first pass with 6marked for review and all questions answered at 4 hours and 5 minutes. Went back through every single question making sure I did not miss a negative, or miss-interpret something and ONLY changed an answer if I was certain the one I had was wrong. I changed 4 answers across 250 questions. I had 55 minutes left on the clock when I completed the second pass and I just couldn't figure a reason to do any further working on the questions for fear of talking myself out of them.

I walked out of the test area to the desk and the girl said "Congratulations!" I was like "Seriously?!", she goes "Oh I don't joke here, that would just be way too cruel, you've been through enough already I'm sure."

Thanks to everyone here for support and resource suggestions, all of it paid off in spades.

Now to get all the paperwork together for the rest of the certification process.

Comments

• Options
    rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Way to go!
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • Options
    someslackersomeslacker Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    doverdover Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nicely done!

I would have sold my (slightly used) soul to know my results the same day.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Congratulations on passing the CISSP exam! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!!!
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    Congrats!
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • Options
    Thanks folks! Though now I'm not terribly certain about endorsement... I'm the only CISSP I know. Well technically not CISSP yet but you know what I mean.
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • Options
    ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    Good work Paperlantern! ISC2 can provide endorsement service if needed. Congratulations!
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
  • Options
    kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am totally stoked. I was sending good vibes your way all day.
  • Options
    theenigmacodetheenigmacode Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
    Way to go man, I feel more like an idiot the more and more success stories I hear icon_cheers.gificon_sad.gif
    Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
    Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
    Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
    Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida
  • Options
    You are far from an idiot dude, you missed it by the narrowest of margins I've seen on these forums, which means you are right there... RIGHT there. Being that close does not mean idiocy it just means you had one bad choice, for all I know I could have only passed by one question, who knows. To be honest, I didn't put this in my original post, but as I went through the test, I wanted to get an idea how good I was doing and each time I came across a question I was sure of, I mean dead sure like, that is the answer. I put a hash mark on the wipe board they gave me. Now I know the algorithm isn't just straight 4 points per question, additionally I know there's supposedly 25 trial questions that aren't scored, but for my own peace of mind I wanted the mathematical equivalent of a passing score, 175 correct questions. After the 250th question I was at 150 hash marks, so I was feeling defeated and like I had failed. I feel like the rest of it was lottery, 25 percent chance on the remaining 100 questions squeaks me by on the last 25 correct questions. So if you ask me, I did pass by just barely.

Does it make me better than you? Smarter? Hell to the no! I think it makes me LUCKIER. That's all. Do not feel like an idio! Anyone even considering taking this brutal test couldn't possibly fall into that category. Just keep at it, try again and knock it out.
  • Options
    Familiare wrote: »
    Hi Paper..,
    Can you provide question strategy in percentage (%) like.... difficulty question,Scenario base question, Context base question, tricky question...etc

Id love to, but I think revealing even that much might be too much.
  • Options
    Keep asking this because it will help whoever preparing cissp...!? i don't think sharing thin not violate anything...
    I think real supporter can provide much in detail and it will help others...

One is not allowed to discuss what is on test which includes questions, answers, and scenarios without violating the NDA.
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
    You are far from an idiot dude, you missed it by the narrowest of margins I've seen on these forums, which means you are right there... RIGHT there. Being that close does not mean idiocy it just means you had one bad choice, for all I know I could have only passed by one question, who knows. To be honest, I didn't put this in my original post, but as I went through the test, I wanted to get an idea how good I was doing and each time I came across a question I was sure of, I mean dead sure like, that is the answer. I put a hash mark on the wipe board they gave me. Now I know the algorithm isn't just straight 4 points per question, additionally I know there's supposedly 25 trial questions that aren't scored, but for my own peace of mind I wanted the mathematical equivalent of a passing score, 175 correct questions. After the 250th question I was at 150 hash marks, so I was feeling defeated and like I had failed. I feel like the rest of it was lottery, 25 percent chance on the remaining 100 questions squeaks me by on the last 25 correct questions. So if you ask me, I did pass by just barely.

Does it make me better than you? Smarter? Hell to the no! I think it makes me LUCKIER. That's all. Do not feel like an idio! Anyone even considering taking this brutal test couldn't possibly fall into that category. Just keep at it, try again and knock it out.

Thanks man, it definitely hit me in the gut hard, and I'm still recovering, but I'll bounce back.
    Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
    Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
    Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
    Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida
  • Options
    Keep your head up high TBRAYS! Even though you are a Rays fan I forgive you icon_wink.gif Go BRAVES!!!
  • Options
    al3kt.R***al3kt.R*** Member Posts: 118
    Bravooo Mr. Lantern icon_wink.gif.
    Time to get endorsed and update your profile!!!
    "Tigranes: Good heavens! Mardonius, what kind of men have brought us to fight against? Men who do not compete for possessions, but for honour."--- Herodotus, The Histories
    "Nipson anomemata me monan opsin"--- Gregory of Nazianzus
    "Bruce Schneier's secure handshake is so strong, you won't be able to exchange keys with anyone else for days."--- Bruce Schneier Facts
  • Options
    I am not sure whether you guys not understand the question or don't want to answer the question.

I am NOT asking the "Exam Questions" I am asking the "Strategy".

We do understand the question. There is a strict NDA "about the exam". No one can reveal anything about it, even telling you what TYPES of questions I received when I took it would violate that, so even if you are right and it won't violate it, after working so hard to pass the test, I am NOT even up for a what if session to violate that NDA and blow the whole thing. Thanks.
  • Options
    AbhijeetBasuAbhijeetBasu Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Heartiest congratulations!!!!
  • Options
    We do understand the question. There is a strict NDA "about the exam". No one can reveal anything about it, even telling you what TYPES of questions I received when I took it would violate that, so even if you are right and it won't violate it, after working so hard to pass the test, I am NOT even up for a what if session to violate that NDA and blow the whole thing. Thanks.

+1 icon_study.gif - studying for my next attempt
  • Options
    webgeek wrote: »
    +1 icon_study.gif - studying for my next attempt

Have a time frame set? I find a hard date already scheduled is the only way i ever buckle down and do any studying.
  • Options
    Have a time frame set? I find a hard date already scheduled is the only way i ever buckle down and do any studying.

Sometime in October since earlier I got clarification from (ISC)2. I thought I had to wait until December!!! I'm going to look at my work schedule tonight, working graveyard shifts at NOC this week, and then schedule it out! w00t!
  • Options
    mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    Congrats!

I like that girl's attitude =)
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE
  • Options
    ejg398ejg398 Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    captchaguycaptchaguy Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    icon_cheers.gif Woot!

Finished my first pass with 6marked for review and all questions answered at 4 hours and 5 minutes. Went back through every single question making sure I did not miss a negative, or miss-interpret something and ONLY changed an answer if I was certain the one I had was wrong. I changed 4 answers across 250 questions. I had 55 minutes left on the clock when I completed the second pass and I just couldn't figure a reason to do any further working on the questions for fear of talking myself out of them.

I walked out of the test area to the desk and the girl said "Congratulations!" I was like "Seriously?!", she goes "Oh I don't joke here, that would just be way too cruel, you've been through enough already I'm sure."

Thanks to everyone here for support and resource suggestions, all of it paid off in spades.

Now to get all the paperwork together for the rest of the certification process.

Congrats paperlantern !!

Hi All,

This is my first post here. I have registered for CISSP and the D-day is 15-Dec-2012.

Here are the resources that I have and the action plan:

a) OIG v2 & disk bundled with it ; I have started with this and have completed 4 chapters (Planned to read it end-to-end)
    b) AIO v5 & disk bundled with it; Planned to read it end to end at least once end-to-end.

Brief background:

Education - B.Engineering (non-IT); MBA (Information Systems); M.S in Cyber Security (WIP)
    Certifications - ISO 27001 Lead Auditor & Implementer; Passed CISM; ITIL V3 Foundation;
    Experience - 4 Years (Spread across consulting and Information security management)

Request for suggestions regarding tweaks to study plan / books / practice Qns.

Regards
    CAPTCHAguy
  • Options
    Unfortunately everyone learns differently, what I say worked for me won't necessarily work for you, with that said, if you want to know what I did, check out my blog in my sig, it lists everything I used (mostly in the first entry). The blog is pretty short, i only started it a few weeks before my exam.

You look to have a far more solid foundation of infosec than even I do so I doubt your studies will be half as intense as mine were.

Good luck to you, and thanks for the congrats. =)