Options

Well, that's that, just came from taking CISSP today.

2»

Comments

• Options
    captchaguycaptchaguy Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Unfortunately everyone learns differently, what I say worked for me won't necessarily work for you, with that said, if you want to know what I did, check out my blog in my sig, it lists everything I used (mostly in the first entry). The blog is pretty short, i only started it a few weeks before my exam.

You look to have a far more solid foundation of infosec than even I do so I doubt your studies will be half as intense as mine were.

Good luck to you, and thanks for the congrats. =)

Thanks for the reply. The pointers you provided were handy.
  • Options
    PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    Submitted the Endorsement Assistance Form yesterday afternoon. No confirmation e mail from ISC2 yet, though I guess it will take a couple three days anyway being it was late on a friday. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    I know it is Wednesday but I am just posting to say the "We received your forms" e mail came in Monday morning. I'm on vacation and internet (aka: 4g hotspot signal reception) is spotty at best here at the Lodge I'm staying in so posting is difficult.
  • Options
    Althmash7Althmash7 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Paperlantern Can you help what all material you went through to pass the certification (Cissp) ?
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    As far as "strategy" goes? There are only basic time in and time out "strategies" for any test like this. Study and know to the point of being rote in your mind the standard points of as many resources possible. Manage your time as this is a long gruelling exam. Finally be prepared that nothing in the AIO guide or any other book is going to completely prepare you for what your going to see on the exam itself. Just isn't going to happen. The exam is much more management of problem sets than it is really about security or technology but how you apply problem solving to the security domains.

No one has any one right answer to the "strategy" question other than to over prepare and hope for the best.

- beads
  • Options
    coolz203coolz203 Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Did your endorsement come through yet?
  • Options
    Althmash7 wrote: »
    Paperlantern Can you help what all material you went through to pass the certification (Cissp) ?

Sorry guy, only jus now saw this post, for some reason the forum wasn't bolding this thread when I checked this forum so I didn't look at it thinking nothing was new. All of the materials I used are listed in the first post of my blog in my signature. Hope thta helps, direct message me if you come up with any questions based on the blog.

coolz203, no still no word yet, though I did use isc2 as my endorser so as I understand it, it will take longer for that to come through. It's only been about three weeks so far so I'm thinking it could potentially take about two to three more at the least.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Great certification to add to some nice ones already.

JUst curious what might be next? CASP?
  • Options
    N2IT wrote: »
    Great certification to add to some nice ones already.

JUst curious what might be next? CASP?

I actually looked at CASP before I was going to take CISSP, kind of like an "on the way' thing, but my employer was looking for CISSP specifically to move me up so I nixed CASP. It might be worth a look at moving forward though, as it gains momentum and notoriety in the field. It is more fo a technical exam is it not? I haven't looked at it in over half a year at least.
  • Options
    coolz203, no still no word yet, though I did use isc2 as my endorser so as I understand it, it will take longer for that to come through. It's only been about three weeks so far so I'm thinking it could potentially take about two to three more at the least.

Ironically enough, I got the e mail today. It is official. I'm CISSP! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    Hey congrats!icon_cheers.gif

So how long did the process take from beginning to end? That is when you got the email saying they received your application to getting the email that you are CISSP? I am in the middle of it now and the waiting is driving me nuts!
  • Options
    I received the Endorsement Documentation Received confirmation e-mail on September 24th (it was submitted to them the Friday before, Sept 21st, kind of late in the afternoon). The confirmation of certification came in this morning so that is 24 days if you count the 24th and today as days. Three weeks and three days.
  • Options
    Received my Certificate and wallet card in the mail yesterday. Brings the grand total to 5 weeks and 6 days from start to finish on the certification process.
  • Options
    That is very cool! I got selected for an audit, not sure what to expect now.
  • Options
    SkyBlueSkyBlue Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    coolz203 wrote: »
    That is very cool! I got selected for an audit, not sure what to expect now.

coolz203,

When did you get the audit email? How many days after getting the email from ISC2 that they received your endorsement document?

I am in the middle of the process too. It is one week since I got the email that they received my endorsement documents.

Thanks
  • Options
    Got email that endorsement docs were received on 10/11/2012. I then got audit notice on 11/02/2012. I then go the email they received my audit docs today. I hope this all goes smoothly.