New to boards

KWigginsKWiggins Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
just settling in to the civilian life of IT and found the boards while looking for ways to cross my military exp over to civilian sector...figuring out real fast they made me a jack of all trades and master of none! Regretting not spending the money for exams but years ago as a fresh slick sleeve a couple hundred was almost the whole pay check! But great to see a site that caters to the IT realm!

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Welcome to the boards! The transition from military to the civilian IT side was a piece of cake for me. Employers love ex military.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Welcome to the boards!!!
    You will learn a great deal and may get motivated from others just by being this site!!!

Best Regards!
  • Ch@rl!3m0ngCh@rl!3m0ng Member Posts: 139
    Hey dude,

Welcome to the site. As someone said employers love ex military cause we dress smart and are dynamic thinkers....... most of the time. icon_smile.gif

You will learn tons from this site.

And once again welcome
    Currently reading: Syngress Linux + and code academy website (Java and Python modules)

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'
  • SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Welcome to the boards! The transition from military to the civilian IT side was a piece of cake for me. Employers love ex military.

Yeah, it's the current military that makes them nervous. :-\
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • santaownssantaowns Member Posts: 366
    Welcome to the boards.
  • computer g33kcomputer g33k Member Posts: 149
    Welcome to the forums. icon_cheers.gif
    There's room for those who want the easy work and those who want the challenges. You will, of course, generally be compensated in proportion to what you shoulder. :smile:
    Currently Studying: Anything & Everything/Cisco Networking Academy For CCNA. (on hold)