Options

Boson ExSim Max - SWITCH

wavewave Member Posts: 342
Hey guys,

I used the Boson practice exams for CCNA and found them to be great. The ROUTE exam was reasonably close to the real deal.

Yesterday I took Exam A for SWITCH and as I was answering the questions I felt like they were on the easy side. I have put more work into preparing for SWITCH so perhaps it's that.

For those of you who used ExSim Max for SWITCH, how did it compare to the real deal?

I scored bang on passing (79%), but I felt that some of the questions I got wrong we're out of left field. I really couldn't see where they would fit into the exam blueprint.

ROUTE Passed 1 May 2012
SWITCH Passed 25 September 2012
TSHOOT Passed 23 October 2012
Taking CCNA Security in April 2013 then studying for the CISSP

Comments

• Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've used the product but it's been awhile. Can you post examples of what you consider out-of-scope? Perhaps alter the details a bit and skip the answers so as to avoid interfering with others who are yet to use it and to avoid infringing on their copyright.

We could then comment on whether it's within the scope of the exam. :)
  • Options
    Sure, perhaps "out of scope" is slightly strong language but here's one example:

"To which of the following high-availability resiliency levels do duplicate power supplies belong (select best answer)"

a. Network
    b. Monitoring
    c. System
    d. Management

The webpage they cite in the answer doesn't refer to a Cisco definition of high availability resiliency levels and there's nothing on those in the FLG. I thought this question was a bit strange.

There was another question on Interface speeds. i.e. if one is at 10Mbps at one end and 100Mbps at the other end (configured) what will happen. I felt that this would be better placed in a CCNA exam.

I'll edit these questions after you respond.

Also here's an annoying one that actually could appear on the live exam because as we know, Cisco likes to mess with us!!

Edited

ROUTE Passed 1 May 2012
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    All of these questions seem to fall within the exam topics. On the last one I think you are just reading too much into it. It doesn't say only inbound.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    All of these questions seem to fall within the exam topics. On the last one I think you are just reading too much into it. It doesn't say only inbound.

Okay, thanks. Appreciate your thoughts.

ROUTE Passed 1 May 2012
  • Options
    creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I thought they were good. I had been studying using material from the old track and I think the Bosons did a fair job of filling in the gaps. Unlike the real exam, the Boson doesn't have spelling errors and sentences that look like they were fed through a meat grinder. I'm unsure whether that's a good or a bad thing, though, LOL.

The sims are mostly nowhere near the difficulty of the real exam.

B+ (Where the CCNA Boson would be A+++)
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT