Options

Cisco From Start.

geminiboygeminiboy Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys, I am new here want to start all certifications of Networks Cisco. I want to take start I think I should take start from CCENT and first step will be ICND 1 if I am not wrong. If I am on mistake please correct me.
Please guide from where I should take start and from where I can get the book for preparation of my first exam? Hope to hear soon with good response.
Arshad Hussain.

Comments

• Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You should start by reading this forum. Just a few threads down you would see--

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/81293-how-study-ccent-ccna-tutorial.html
  • Options
    geminiboygeminiboy Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the reply but I really hate reading too much. The thread you gave me link I can't read that long sorry. Can I have only two answers?
    1: Am I right I should take start from ICND1?
    2: Where I can download book for stury if anyone can provide me link?
    Thant's all.

You should start by reading this forum. Just a few threads down you would see--

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/81293-how-study-ccent-ccna-tutorial.html
    Arshad Hussain.
  • Options
    boredgameladboredgamelad Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you hate reading, ICND1 and ICND2 may not be for you. You will have to do a lot of it.
  • Options
    QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Do you have any idea how much reading could be involved in this endeavor? Literally thousands of pages, and you won't read that link that answers all your questions?
    geminiboy wrote: »
    1: Am I right I should take start from ICND1?
    Sure.
    geminiboy wrote: »
    2: Where I can download book for stury if anyone can provide me link?
    Here's a link to download...after you've paid:
    CCENT/CCNA ICND1 640-822 Official Cert Guide, 3rd Edition
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Yes, you're right to start with ICND1 if you want to get into Cisco networking. If you're looking for a good ebook, have a look at either Wendell Odom's book, or the one by Todd Lammle. It's probably not a good idea to avoid resources people give you just because you don't want to read that much, you're going to be reading a lot if you want to pass the CCENT, CCNA, CCNP, etc.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd start by watching CBT Nuggets for ICND1. They are great and will introduce you to a lot of the exam objectives.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sorry the thread is long! I did go into a lot of depth there. But there's a lot of depth that needed to be covered! So... I'll reply here:

Reading, Understanding, Retaining are going to be your steps to be able to pass your CCENT/CCNA. Videos are sometimes a great way to start. It'll help you get a high-level understanding... But it'll miss a lot of the detail that you'll need to know. You can only get this by Reading and/or Doing. I say "Or" because I've seen people pass the CCENT without reading. But they've also Labbed everything. A lot. I wouldn't recommend doing this if you want a career. Anyways it's pretty cool.

Reading Books suck. I'll admit that I didn't like reading. I hated reading to the point I decided to take an "F" for English. 9th Grade. I stood up in class, in the middle of everyone (Including that cute girl!) saying "I refuse." The teacher was beyond shocked! He asked me twice, just to make sure he heard right. I hope my short story can put into context the extent of my hatred.

Fast forward to now:
    ...I've learned to tolerate reading. I know it sounds cheesy: Reading is power.

But here's the thing: It's fun to watch videos. It's like watching a teacher, with animations, and awesome sound effects. It's a good show. But to get to the heart - to the core of the information, you really need to pick up a book and read.

How so?
    Here's another story: I love space. I love space because I watched videos, documentaries about space from TLC/Discovery channel/etc. My family thought I was bonkers. I love getting into discussions about Black Holes, Theories, the Largeness of the universe is just stupidly AWESOME! Star Trekkie, Star Wars with a Princess Laila girlfriend, and the Baltar with the hot Cylon woman. That sums me up nicely.

But to pickup a book that has the information in raw form is beyond me. I've tried to pickup Black hole books and the mathematics is dizzingly complicated. Really. While I love space, I've learned that I really don't love the math behind it. I can't get to the core of what I thought I enjoyed because of the mathmatics.

You'll need to know how to perform math in Cisco. Subnetting.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams