Options

Failed again with 688 (last time 658)

kongikongi Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
My previous post http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/81068-failed-cissp-658-really-far-passing.html

My 1st attempt got 658, and 3 weeks later after knowing the result, I took the exam again yesterday. After completing the exam, I was confident to pass, but unfortunately I failed again with 688.

I was a bit shock coz I felt I could do much better than 1st time. Until now, I didn' really know which questions I answered incorrectly since I checked many unsure questions, and they all were correct. It is quite different feeling from the 1st time that I knew myself which parts I needed to improve.

I concluded that my weakest issues now are about "non-technical" questions in domain - risk managment, BCP, and Legal (Forensic and ISC2 code of ethics). I used AIO book, but I think this book is not enough for these domains. Could you please suggest me some good sources for this three non-technical domains? Especially where is the full ISC2 code of ethics. I browsed the ISC2 website, I found only a few-page document containing a very brief 4 canons, so I am not sure if it is the full version. Thanks a lot

Comments

• Options
    daryle7901daryle7901 Banned Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So your last post was in August on the 30th; did you not have to wait 90 days before your second attempt? Did you not take enough time between atempts? You should also invest in the ISC2 CISSP book to go along with your AIO; they are very dull reading but are great to look up just those one or two things your unsure of.
  • Options
    !nf0s3cure!nf0s3cure Member Posts: 161 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Humm I too have to take the test again, but I am waiting to be better prepared. Not ready to rush! Do you think you had enough time to be ready again?
  • Options
    al3kt.R***al3kt.R*** Member Posts: 118
    Better luck next time brother, have faith, studyicon_study.gifhard and patiently and eventually you WILL nail it!!!
    Here's the code of ethics (preamble and 4 canons) https://www.isc2.org/ethics/default.aspx

Keep your spirits up m8
    "Tigranes: Good heavens! Mardonius, what kind of men have brought us to fight against? Men who do not compete for possessions, but for honour."--- Herodotus, The Histories
    "Nipson anomemata me monan opsin"--- Gregory of Nazianzus
    "Bruce Schneier's secure handshake is so strong, you won't be able to exchange keys with anyone else for days."--- Bruce Schneier Facts
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Have you done the Cccure questions? There are a few on the Code of Ethics, specifically on prioritization of the canons. Remember that the test most likely won't ask you to list the canons but instead will expect you to know how to apply them.

@daryle7901 - Welcome to TE.
  • Options
    kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Kongi and InfoSecure....Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. I passed third attempt. As cyberguypr says about the Code of Ethics, so it is also true with most of the domains...Practical application of your knowledge is where they get you on this test. When I tanked the test on both previous attempts, I could churn out the driest of the dry in CISSP study material, but I didn't pass. Frustration, anger, depression, acceptance...and then re-take. Attitude is part of it, applying what you know into scenarios is another. You've come this far, go a little further.
  • Options
    TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
    How did you re-take it so close to your previous exam date?
    Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
    Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
    Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
    Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    im guessing by scheduling and taking it. I dont see a testing center pulling up your testing record...
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CBT only has a 30 day retake policy after the 1st failed attempt...
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    webgeek wrote: »
    CBT only has a 30 day retake policy after the 1st failed attempt...

The OP took it in far less than 30 days, that's why we are confused.
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The OP took it in far less than 30 days, that's why we are confused.

lol I got my months mixed up ooppss your pass wouldn't have been valid if caught....now OP has to wait 90 days from last attempt before another retake attempt
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+