70-640 Passed Yesterday

t4ttyt3ddyt4ttyt3ddy Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the 70-640 yesterday and I'm really chuffed about that.
The training materials I used were Trainsignal and Labs that were available on Tech Net.
I also work in a Windows environment so was able to get hands on experience with DNS, GPO and manageing AD in general. The main areas of struggle were the areas I don't have exposure to: AD CS, AD FS and AD RMS. I labbed hard on these subjects and it's a good job I did as, like mentioned in lots of other posts, there were a lot of questions on those subjects.
I scored 754 and I'm dissapointed with that to be honest as it's what I would class as barely passing, but as my boss said a pass is a pass.
Now onto 70-642 which should be easier I hope as it's a more closed subject set and we use most all of what is tested in this area.

Cheers

Bob

Comments

• LunchbocksLunchbocks Member Posts: 319 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats Bob. You boss is right; with certification exams, a pass is a pass.
    Degree: Liberty University - B.S Computer Science (In Progress)
    Current Certs: CCENT | MCTS | Network+
    Currently Working On: Security+
    2020 Goals: CCNA, CCNP Security, Linux+

• al3kt.R***al3kt.R*** Member Posts: 118
    Congrats and keep certs comin' icon_thumright.gif!

Don't let your score get you down m8, the lack of work experience on specific subjects, which you may not even see/deal with ever in your career, is something we all must have faced during exams. Intuition and reading between the lines can surely help you with questions/tasks that are somewhat "greenfield tech stuff" and hard-memorizing unknown/unused tech info from your study sources is the other option in your arsenal. Making a strong combination of both without having your head "exploding from too much entropy" is the ultimate goal right before and during the exams.

Njoy your success bro!
    "Tigranes: Good heavens! Mardonius, what kind of men have brought us to fight against? Men who do not compete for possessions, but for honour."--- Herodotus, The Histories
    "Nipson anomemata me monan opsin"--- Gregory of Nazianzus
    "Bruce Schneier's secure handshake is so strong, you won't be able to exchange keys with anyone else for days."--- Bruce Schneier Facts
  • LunchbocksLunchbocks Member Posts: 319 ■■■■□□□□□□
    al3kt.R*** wrote: »
    Congrats and keep certs comin' icon_thumright.gif!

Don't let your score get you down m8, the lack of work experience on specific subjects, which you may not even see/deal with ever in your career, is something we all must have faced during exams.

That's exactly what I am concerned with. I have quite a bit of experience with 2008 and 2008 R2, but not in an enterprise environment. All of my enterprise experience comes from 2003, which doesn't have AD CS, AD LDS, AD FS, etc. I am hoping the labs will help me through those areas.
    Degree: Liberty University - B.S Computer Science (In Progress)
    Current Certs: CCENT | MCTS | Network+
    Currently Working On: Security+
    2020 Goals: CCNA, CCNP Security, Linux+