Options

3 weeks...still no results

the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
I took the PBT 3 weeks ago. Still haven't gotten my results. I think I'm about to crack from the anticipation/anxiety. Somebody say something comforting icon_sad.gif

Comments

• Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It took me exactly 4 weeks to get my SSCP results ... so, maybe just 1 more week :)

Best of luck!
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    RELAX!!! I know the wait time sucks but without taking the CISSP, I would've never noticed how much spam I get icon_wink.gif
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    Start planning to study for your next cert to take your mind off watching for the water to boil.
  • Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    Don't worry man I was in your position a few months ago. Look, it will feel that much better when you get that e-mail that says
    Dear The_Hutch:
    Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you that you have passed the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) examination - the first step in becoming certified as a CISSP.

And then all this waiting BS will have been worth it. So sit back, relax. Read the new iDOMAINs that ISC2 is pushing nowadays.
  • Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I had to wait 6 weeks! YMMV

Try to research some of the questions that you had. If you feel comfortable then I would follow JD's advice and just study for your next certification.
  • Options
    someslackersomeslacker Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    the_hutch wrote: »
    I took the PBT 3 weeks ago. Still haven't gotten my results. I think I'm about to crack from the anticipation/anxiety. Somebody say something comforting icon_sad.gif

Know the feeling Hutch. I'm about to start week 5 of waiting for results.
  • Options
    bryguybryguy Member Posts: 190
    Think of it as a rite of passage- something that everyone taking the PBT before you has endured for better or for worse. Some deal with the wait by studying for another exam, others like myself, hedge their bets and continue their CISSP study routine in the event that they didn't pass. Still others focus on areas outside of the exam arena that they neglected while they were studying,such as family or friends. If it's any consolation, in the unlikely event that you didn't pass this time around with the PBT, you'll have less of a wait next time taking the CBT!
  • Options
    Yeah, I guess I had just prepared myself for waiting for a couple weeks, because I kept hearing people saying "ISC2 is moving faster these days." I guess I should brace myself for the possibly of another couple weeks of waiting. I'm currently working on my SPSE (SecTube Python Scripting Expert) course and focusing heavily on work. But still can't take my mind off it.
    webgeek wrote: »
    I would've never noticed how much spam I get icon_wink.gif

LOL...You aren't kidding. I keep getting emails from ISC2 and almost have a heart attack everytime I see one in my inbox, then I look over at the subject line to find out that it is just another training offer. :-/ They should seriously remove waiting candidates from the standard mailing list...to prevent additional frustration and possible injury.
  • Options
    I just got my email that I passed today. I wasn't expecting it to get here for at least another week or more. Tonight is going to be a long one and tomorrow might be a little rough. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    Just got my results. I was so nervous to open it. But I PASSED :D... Thanks to everyone for your support
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    Congratulations to your both! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I was gonna recommend some SoCo on the rocks to calm down, but now I'll have to recommend some SoCo on the rocks to celebrate! icon_cheers.gif
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • Options
    Thanks JD and Spicy! The bourbon has been flowing for a while. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    I think I'm gonna save the celebrating for tomorrow night.
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!!
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Congratulations!!!! Welcome to the club! Did the seminar help the most or was it other studying?
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    al3kt.R***al3kt.R*** Member Posts: 118
    Congratulations on your pass!!!
    "Tigranes: Good heavens! Mardonius, what kind of men have brought us to fight against? Men who do not compete for possessions, but for honour."--- Herodotus, The Histories
    "Nipson anomemata me monan opsin"--- Gregory of Nazianzus
    "Bruce Schneier's secure handshake is so strong, you won't be able to exchange keys with anyone else for days."--- Bruce Schneier Facts
  • Options
    MainframerMainframer Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I'm glad I took the CBT format - waiting for weeks must be a real pain.
  • Options
    ejg398ejg398 Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    learn2successlearn2success Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Many Congratulations!....................................
  • Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Contgratulations on passing the exam!!!
  • Options
    Mainframer wrote: »
    Congratulations! I'm glad I took the CBT format - waiting for weeks must be a real pain.

Its like having test anxiety non-stop for three weeks. While I think the CBT is long overdue, a small part of me wishes they kept it paper based, just so everyone had to suffer as I did, lol.
    Congratulations!!!! Welcome to the club! Did the seminar help the most or was it other studying?

It was a good review. And its tough to say how things would have gone without taking the course, but to be honest, I think I could have done just as well without the seminar.
  • Options
    ajd86ajd86 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    bryguybryguy Member Posts: 190
    Congrats, Hutch!
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Awesome, congrats!
  • Options
    kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    TOLD you that ya had nothing to worry about, Hutch...
  • Options
    ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    the_hutch wrote: »
    Just got my results. I was so nervous to open it. But I PASSED :D... Thanks to everyone for your support

Congrats on the pass!
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
  • Options
    CERTS4LADYCERTS4LADY Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Job well done!
  • Options
    MickQMickQ Member Posts: 628 ■■■■□□□□□□