Options

Passed with 875

dshevnockdshevnock Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well, after just about 2 months of studying, I passed the CCNA yesterday with an 875. I am a little disappointed with my score. I got stuck really, really bad on the router simulation and it took me 30 minutes to figure it out. It was one tiny thing that screwed me up and then I started to freak out after 20 minutes went by. After that I had to rush through the rest of the exams and finished up with 53 seconds left.

I studied with the Skillport software, the Bryant Advantage workbooks, and a very old set of Cisco 3000 series routers and a 2900 switch for my lab at home. The Skillport website has lots of information, but I am kind of resenting spending that much money on it. (Atleast I can still study for the other Cisco exams and some Linux stuff within that bundle.)

Comments

• Options
    ufotufot Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good job! Im just now starting ccna and realized my school gave me a skillport account! What exactly did you study in skillport? Just the sample exams right?
  • Options
    absolutabsolut Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratulations!

I need that you say me how many questions are in the exam (640-801), how it's the scoring and if in the question say you how many answers you have to put

thanks!
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats, dshevnock!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    how was using the bryant avdantage for studying? i have seen it on ebay but never knew anyone that used it
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    squawk1500squawk1500 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. Don't feel bad about your score, I scored an 854 after 5 months of studying.
  • Options
    dshevnockdshevnock Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    keenon: The Bryant Advantage stuff was great. I first went through the Skillport stuff and then bought the Ultimate CCNA package from Bryant. There are a few people on this board that have highly recommended it and this is the same board I heard about it. Definitly try it out, it is well, well worth the money.

absolut: Go to Cisco's website and see if you can get the answer to your questions. From the few posts I have seen you write, it looks like you are trying to find an easy way to pass the test and not really trying to LEARN all the concepts. Remember, becoming a CCNA isn't just about passing a test, it's about alot more than that.

ufot: I went through the whole CCNA study program under Certification View in the Catalog. Doing just the sample exams will only teach you how to memorize answers to their sample questions. Try to learn all the concepts about everything.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    ziggyziggy Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS!!!! dshevnock

DO NOT FEEL BAD about your score,,,,I too was absolutely dissappointed at my score. I expected that I would have done a lot better than I did (I too studied and prepared my @$$ off). But a pass is a pass. The certificate is a reflection of CCNA competancies, and not how close you scored.

The fact of the matter is, when writting the CERT, for CCNA, there is about 55 questions on about 3 inches of CISCO text material. 55 questions really lowers the odds if you get a few wrong...

Might almost be a little less stressful if there were maybe 200 questions, but would take quite a bit longer to write.

Again CONGRATS!, a CCNA is an accomplishment to be proud of, no matter what the score was.
    :D
  • Options
    jd_mattosjd_mattos Member Posts: 134
    Congrats!
    Don't even think about that score, all you care about is the PASS!
    Great job!
    I am studying for mine again, life got in the way last time. So I am back at it.