Options

My first interview Monday

ClevernamehereClevernamehere Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
It's for an IT assistant/technology trainer at the local library. I'd be kind of a jack of all trades doing a little bit of everything. I'm excited and nervous, but mostly excited. Anyone have any good interview tips so I don't look like a total mook? I'd be ok with just a quasi-mook!

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Dress well (that means a suit), use a deodorant, shave, trim your nails, look pleasant in general, calm your nerves, say your prayers and go get the job!

What does the job description say?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Good luck! Just be calm, confident and, above all, HONEST. It's ok to say you don't know something but you're willing to learn.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    ScsmarttScsmartt Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    good luck. hope it goes well!
  • Options
    someasiandudesomeasiandude Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck!! U can do ittttt!!
    A.S. - Computer Networking Student (Spring 2014)

CompTIA A+ (passed 10/2012) ----> CompTIA Net+ ----> CCENT :study: ---> CCNA ---> ???
  • Options
    ClevernamehereClevernamehere Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Essendon wrote: »
    Dress well (that means a suit), use a deodorant, shave, trim your nails, look pleasant in general, calm your nerves, say your prayers and go get the job!What does the job description say?
    Not a lot actually, it's mostly desktop support and training duties. Looks like there will be some minor networking and possibly a little programming involved. It looks like they may just want someone that is teachable and can follow directions. No problem for me. It being a library there is a lot of customer service involved too, and if there is one thing I have learned in a year as an underwriter it's customer service. This would be a good break and a fantastic learning opportunity so I'm quietly optimistic.