Options

Ms press or Exam Cram books?

sdeyoungsdeyoung Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just wondering which one I should purchase.. I used the Exam Cram 2 book for passing my network+ along side the technotes from this site.. Did really well on the test so I'm thinking of going with the Exam Cram book for 70-270.. Anyone else have success using this book? Probably gonna use the CBT nuggets also..

Comments

• Options
    ScareCrowScareCrow Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Get both...!!! Exam Cram is more like a summary!

I used Mike Meyers Passport, Exam Cram2 and the MS Press book they all explain and set things out differently but when you put it all together it all makes sense... Too many books is never a bad thing.

Oh... I also used CBT nuggets which i found very useful for RIS as i didnt have a Lab to test this out in practice.
  • Options
    sdeyoungsdeyoung Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    which MSpress book should i get? There seems to be to version. One with a white cover the other has a blue cover...
  • Options
    ScareCrowScareCrow Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sdeyoung wrote:
    which MSpress book should i get? There seems to be to version. One with a white cover the other has a blue cover...

Not sure of the difference but the one i used had a white cover...

http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/5398.asp
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    The white book was the first one, published in 2001. The blue one, is the 2nd edition, published in 2005.

But, it's always a good idea to use more than one study source. Sybex and ExamCram or M$ Press and Exam Cram. Something like that.

Good luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    jbollynjbollyn Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sdeyoung wrote:
    Just wondering which one I should purchase.. I used the Exam Cram 2 book for passing my network+ along side the technotes from this site.. Did really well on the test so I'm thinking of going with the Exam Cram book for 70-270.. Anyone else have success using this book? (snip)..
    I used both EC2 and the MS Press book to pass 70-270. Each book has strengths and weaknesses. You really need both.

The MS Press book (mentioned above) is the first edition. The second edition, which I used, includes SP2. Here is a link:

http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/7870.asp

I learned quite a bit from the questions on the MS Press book CD. IMHO, the questions on the EC2 CD were not as helpful.