Options

Networking Tool Kit

Henry is GodHenry is God Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
What would guys say are the vital tools for an entry level networking position?

Comments

• Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Loopback plug, cable tester, crimper, punchdown tool, screwdrivers just to name a few
  • Options
    dead_p00ldead_p00l Member Posts: 136
    Network position as in installing gear and pulling cables or support such as a NOC?
    This is our world now... the world of the electron and the switch, the
    beauty of the baud.
  • Options
    MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    Coffee, Red Bull, Aspirin, stress ball, screwdriver, crimper, fiber cleaning kit, copper/fiber cable tester, punchdown tool, laptop, assortment of console cables, "Speaking in layman's terms" handbook, nmap, putty, visio, Solarwind's Orion, tftp server, notepad++, wireshark, cain....

What I could think of at the moment. Maybe after a refill of coffee I can jot down more.
  • Options
    lantechlantech Member Posts: 329
    Except instead of aspirin I would go with something like Percocet or Demoral (SP) and alcohol for drinks icon_cheers.gif
    2012 Certification Goals

CCENT: 04/16/2012
    CCNA: TBD
  • Options
    MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    Wow, I knew AZ was making some changes concerning immigration, but geez if you can dope up and get drunk on the job, I am totally living in the wrong state.
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    zipties
    heat shrink tubing/lighter
    pocket knife/multitool
    multi-meter
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    A good Fluke network tool such as their Linkrunner Pro will save you many, many headaches. Makes it very easy to test cabling, find where they go, show VLANS, switch ports, ect.
  • Options
    eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Akaricloud wrote: »
    A good Fluke network tool such as their Linkrunner Pro will save you many, many headaches. Makes it very easy to test cabling, find where they go, show VLANS, switch ports, ect.

+1 Gotta love the Fluke...