Options

My studying, right or wrong? CCENT

BeanyBeany Member Posts: 177
Afternoon,

i'm studying the Cisco Official Exam Cert Guide book and would like to know if i'm ok to do the following:

i read each chapter and do the questions at the start of the chapter and when i know i can answer all the questions (with understanding) i move to the next chapter. I skip the 'exam preparation tasks', is this wrong?

Is it safe to skip that section?

(i know with the subnetting section, extensive research and other study is required)

regards

Comments

• Options
    Michael2Michael2 Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I believe that you are referring to the Odom book. I'm using that one, too. Yes, you should use the DVD and complete the appendices. It'll give you something to study from.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I look over them but dont really fill out all those questions he asks in the appendicies. However I do make index cards of all the main points and of the definitions at the end of the chapter.
  • Options
    DiggsDiggs Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I read the chapter regardless of how I score on the DIKTA questions

Even when I get them all right I still learn something from every chapter I've read

I generally have a quick go over on the end of chapter Exam Preparation sections but use them as a guide when reviewing the book a week or so before I take the exam
  • Options
    vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Beany wrote: »
    Afternoon,

i'm studying the Cisco Official Exam Cert Guide book and would like to know if i'm ok to do the following:

i read each chapter and do the questions at the start of the chapter and when i know i can answer all the questions (with understanding) i move to the next chapter. I skip the 'exam preparation tasks', is this wrong?

Is it safe to skip that section?

(i know with the subnetting section, extensive research and other study is required)

regards

This is the advice I give to all newcomers to Cisco certification and testing....

The trick is not to find the right answer but prove beyond a shadow of a doubt why the other answers are wrong. This strategy has gotten me through 2 CCNA and 3 CCNP exams without a fail. If you can't do that on every single practice question in the book, then you need further study on that section.

Cisco purposely writes questions that are tricky or appear to have multiple right answers...only by finding out which ones are wrong will you be confident in your choice.
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • Options
    IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    vinbuck wrote: »
    This is the advice I give to all newcomers to Cisco certification and testing....

The trick is not to find the right answer but prove beyond a shadow of a doubt why the other answers are wrong. This strategy has gotten me through 2 CCNA and 3 CCNP exams without a fail. If you can't do that on every single practice question in the book, then you need further study on that section.

Cisco purposely writes questions that are tricky or appear to have multiple right answers...only by finding out which ones are wrong will you be confident in your choice.

I like this idea or notion of knowing why the answer is wrong. But I don't think you start study at "this level". It "can be found" about at the midway juncture propelled by what should be interest multiplied exponentially at the mid-way snowballing all the way to pass/certification.
    another winbuck inspired tenant. the last one he spewed out was start with subnetting and OSI and master it before moving on to advanced exam objectives!