Should I go for MCSA ?

lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi all,

after successfully finishing LPIC-1, LPIC-2, CCNA and 50% of SCSA-9 I'm looking for the next certs to tackle.

On my wishlist are Security+, MCSA and CCDA.

I must say that I really don't like working with M$ stuff and I don't see myself administrating Active Directories, Exchange or helping people fix their broken XP. I'm more focused on Linux/UNIX.

Do you think it would make sense for me to go for MCSA anyway ? After experiencing how hard it is to find a new job these days I really wonder how this would affect my chances.

Your comments are welcome.

Regards,
Lordy
Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
Goal for 2014: RHCA
Goal for 2015: CCDP

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I think with your certs, and any experience you have, plus your negative desire to not administer Windows pretty much sums it up. NO. Don't take a cert just to add on. If you were to add a M$ cert, it would be MCSE, better to go all the way if you're going half. I would reccomend taking after Security+. Security being a hot item now, and for years to come, the cert will give you a good basic knowledge of security in IT. I would then look into CCDA or furthuring your Sun certs. You could always go with Sun security certs as well. The *nix market is here to stay, so it's not like you're learning Latin. All in all, it eventually comes down to your experience, and what you want to do in your career.
    i remain, he who remains to be....