Options

I'm sold! Virtualization it is!

mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
Just started watching some introduction to VMWare and... holy cow! this. is. cool. =O

I always thought of VMWare as something like WINE, or like Bootcamp. Actually, not bootcamp, maybe WINE.

But ANYWAY, I was thinking about going the CCNP track and/or Linux+ RHCSA... but... not anymore!

gotta learn VMWare first!

[Edit]
Btw, I like how much networking i'm seeing even before I really understand anything about VMware, seems like these two topics are pretty close knit.
Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
Future: CCNP, CCIE

Comments

• Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    It is cool alright. But some of the third party products out there that work on top of it are even more amazing. Take a look at Mirage (recently bought up by VMware.) There are lots of others out there related to storage, backups and cloud stuff that are pretty neat too.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Hmm.. not to stop you. But a strong understanding of LInux and Windows is really needed if you want to be good at vmware. What you might do is use Vmware to help you on your way to LPIC-1/2 and Windows certs. Thus building experience. You are also going to find many networking concepts found in ICND2 and the switch exam crossing over into vmware.

Anyhow, good luck on what ever you choose!
    -Daniel