Options

Little update...

MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
I haven't posted a CCNA update in a while, so here it is!

I've been studying slowly on and off for the past few months for the ICND2 exam. Just over the past couple of weeks I've knuckled down and have been reading/labbing quite a bit. Good thing about my lab (not to brag) is that I can reach it where ever I am :) it's nice to sit at a coffee shop at lunch and remote into it and practice some RoAS or OSPF.

Right now I'm going through Access Lists. I've found this to be one of the easiest topics so far. I spent A LOT of with on subnetting on ICND1 that it's burned into my brain forever, so practicing block sizes is quite easy.

After for a few more labs I'm going to move onto frame relay and other WAN topics. I studied through PPP and HLDC on the ICND1, so I can remember most of it from that.

On the switching side of things - for some reason I love switching. I have a few friends that are CCNP's and they hate switching. Going into it I thought that I'd hate it too, but for some reason I love it. So, for the ICND2 topics I'm golden on that.

After I'm done with the WAN topics I'm going to go through VLSM and I think I'll be ready! woot!
2017 Certification Goals:
CCNP R/S

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm still slowly hammering away as well. Keep at it!
  • Options
    mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    Sounds good =) You'll be ready in no time!

Frame Relay from WAN topics was one of the topics I had to spend a bit more time on, compared to the rest. Like you said, ACLs were pretty easy to understand.

Your remote setup sounds pretty awesome!! =D
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE
  • Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm still slowly hammering away as well. Keep at it!

Same here....
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mapletune wrote: »
    Sounds good =) You'll be ready in no time!

Frame Relay from WAN topics was one of the topics I had to spend a bit more time on, compared to the rest. Like you said, ACLs were pretty easy to understand.

Your remote setup sounds pretty awesome!! =D

I've already gone through FR once before. I got married a couple of months ago and was ready for the test, but due to being busy I couldn't take it. Though, I cannot remember all the commands, but most of them I can remember. If I were to have a frame relay router in front of me I could configure it, but it'll just take me about 5 - 10 minutes. I want to be sure I can knock out any questions that come my way.

As for the rack, it is pretty neat. All I had to do was port-forward from my router to the internal IP of the console server. Also, if noone has done this, get a DDNS account! Most companies have a small client you install on a machine that'll see your external IP and link the DDNS account to it. That way if you're at the office and want to lab or if you have a some NAS you want to access, all you'll have to do is type in the DDNS address on your browser or putty if you're SSHing or telnetting.

As for everyone else; good to see that other people are hammering away at it just like me! Keep it up!
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I would love to do that, but my employer has VERY strict rules about connecting to SSH/VPN networks. Ah well, I just use GNS3 at work :)
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Im glad to hear everyone is still rolling along. Makes it feel like I'll in good company to know people are working hard towards their goal.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams