Options

WGU a+ question?

gdeusthewhizkidgdeusthewhizkid Member Posts: 289
hey guys,

how can i get my mentor to let me take this test ahead of time. Im hating studying for this thing and 95% is too high of a score to get on practice exams..
WGU Progress: Progress | Completed | Start Date: 9/1/2012 B.S. Network Management & Design
Courses Transferred in: BBC1 LAE1 QBT1 IWC1 IWT1 DHV1 CSV1 CWV1 CRV1 DEV1 - 28 cu :roll:
Down: AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1

Technical Diploma from Lincoln Tech.

Comments

• Options
    kgbkgb Member Posts: 380
    I'd call the mentor again and tell them I'm ready and please release the voucher. If they said No, not until I got 95% on the practice exams I'd call student services. In my mind, they should at least give you the chance to prove yourself.

hey guys,

how can i get my mentor to let me take this test ahead of time. Im hating studying for this thing and 95% is too high of a score to get on practice exams..
    Bachelor of Science, Information Technology (Software) - WGU
  • Options
    dragonshizdragonshiz Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You should just be able to get them to add it to your degree plan for this term at that point you would just request to schedule the exam through your mentor and than after they have approved the request then you would request a scheduling voucher at either prometric or pearson vue (in this case pearson vue), this is all done on the my degree plan tab in the student portal. After my mentor approved mine for a CIW course it only took 2 days for me to get the voucher in an email after I requested it, at that point its then up to you to schedule the test at the proctoring center within 6 weeks. I believe the A+ test is divided out into two courses since it's two different tests so you would have to have them open up both courses if you wanted to get it done quickly. You should be having a weekly phone call with your mentor anyway so I would just bring it up to them during that conversation. Hope that helps, if your getting 95% you should definitely get it done and over with icon_smile.gif.

Side Note: This all depends on the mentor by the way, if they arent cooperating I would go through student services. Luckily for me my mentor has been very cooperative and hands off.
    WGU - B.S. Information Technology
    Goals for 2013: Complete B.S. Information Technology from WGU (Completed! Graduated August 2013), CCNA (in progress)
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I haven't had any issues getting classes added and getting test scheduled when I think I'm ready. Click the button on your degree plan to request scheduling.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    CarlSaiyed wrote: »
    I haven't had any issues getting classes added and getting test scheduled when I think I'm ready. Click the button on your degree plan to request scheduling.

you mean request voucher.. mines is still pending ive done that..
    WGU Progress: Progress | Completed | Start Date: 9/1/2012 B.S. Network Management & Design
    Courses Transferred in: BBC1 LAE1 QBT1 IWC1 IWT1 DHV1 CSV1 CWV1 CRV1 DEV1 - 28 cu :roll:

• Options
    dragonshizdragonshiz Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    When did you request the voucher? It usually takes a couple days to get an email from them.
    WGU - B.S. Information Technology
    Goals for 2013: Complete B.S. Information Technology from WGU (Completed! Graduated August 2013), CCNA (in progress)
  • Options
    dragonshiz wrote: »
    When did you request the voucher? It usually takes a couple days to get an email from them.

2 weeks ago...

• Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Ask your mentor on your next weekly call
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    hey is there a difference between 220 - 701 or JKU - 701?

• Options
    Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
  • Options
    thanks...