Options

I can access my server, but I cannot access the Internet

vsousavsousa Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just installed a New Windows 2003 server. All, but one of my computers can access the Internet. I am using a Linksys router. I have tried to switch ports on the router. I have tried different cables. I have my computers set to obtain DHCP from my Windows 2003 server. I am using the IP range of 192.168.1.0, 255.255.255.192. What could be causing this?

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Can you ping?
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Yes, I can ping, DNS names and IP addresses.
  • Options
    DSEDMDSEDM Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can you access a website using the I.P. address ?

What setting do you have configured in I.E. ?
    (Internet Options - Connection - LAN Settings)
  • Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    check to make sure that one computer is pulling its DNS settings from DHCP.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212
    Any firewall or internet security set up on the PC?
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    I have had problems like this before & for me they we caused by a static IP. Are you trying to use a static? Check your router settings & any issues on the PC.
  • Options
    yeabilyeabil Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    I have disable my Windows firewall. I cannot access websites using an IP address. I am getting a DNS server address from DHCP. The Windows 2003 server is running DHCP.

On the Windows 2k3 server, I have statically assigned my ISP's dns servers.

The IP range is 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.254, SNM 255.255.255.192.
  • Options
    can you do a DNS lookup? Start run. CMD, NSLOOKUP, see if you can attach to your DNS server. Then see if you can get IP's of domain names DNS servers.

Also, did you verify that you have no proxy settings set on that PC? Located in the connections, lan settings tab under internet options.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    YOur IP address range is to large for that subnet mask you are using. Your assignable ranges are

192.168.1.1-126
    192.168.1.129-254

You would need to create 2 pools, with 2 seperate gateways, with 2 active routing interfaces. Only address in the same subnet as you current gateway (linksys router) will be able to get out to the internet.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

• Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    B-I-N-G-O that's it.......that should do the trick...great job johnny
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE