How did you find your passion?

2»

Comments

• Options
    destini99destini99 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would love to find my passion
  • Options
    draughtdraught Member Posts: 229 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've been interested in computers for as long as I can remember and I've had a computer since I was only six years old. My biggest mistake was not going in computer science or something similar when I was 18 but kids are stupid and thought psychology was a real major that would equal work. What did in my middle twenties was try various lousy jobs for a few years. Eventually I finally quit and decided to go back to school and pursue a career working with computers. I'm just now starting to look for a job which is sooner than I expected.

In your case you almost sound slightly depressed. Working in a call center does suck but the motivation there is that you can move on to something much better. My question would be do you feel any motivation about the possibility in a year or two you'll have a chance at a promotion to something better? Seeing a career councilor is a good idea.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Means to pay the bills.

The passion for me is operational management. I like to take broke services, teams, etc and fix them. While doing that I like to provide confidence to my employees and challenge them to meet their goals. I even like to chit chat about their goals and offer advice on how to get there.

That's really my only passion at work.
  • Options
    XiaoTechXiaoTech Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I really don't visit these forums that much these days. With the new year coming, I wanted to post an update. The past couple months I recently decided that I won't worry about moving up in IT, not stressing about learning new tech, and all that good stuff. I'm going to be content with my job, since it pays the bills and has good benefits. I talked about acting before, and I joined an acting school awhile ago and haven't been happier in my life. I'm not sure when/if I'll ever be successful in it, but I think I found something I truly love to do day in and day out. I really look forward to practicing my craft at class after work and on the weekends. I wish I would have done this sooner, but better late than never!

I just wanted to thank this forum for listening to me rant and to wish you all the best New Years! :D
    Now...off to enjoy some Irish Coffee to bring in the New Years. :D:D:D
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You'll probably move up now since you stopped worrying.

Glad you found a solid interest/hobby
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    That's a great update and quite inspiring too Xiaotech, glad you found your passion :)
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com