Options

Do employees at your work cover the camera on their laptop?

2»

Comments

• Options
    zekebzekeb Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nobody at my work covers their cameras... You'd have to have a pretty power hungry IT manager to actually monitor those. LOL
  • Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Never really heard of or seen people doing this, although I don't think it's totally ludicrous.
  • Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    I had never seen this until about 2 months ago when we got our new guy and he had a piece of tape on his....he also has done the splits in the office 6 times since being here and thinks bashing his arm against the wall is proper exercise...so you do the math
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
    Have about 200 laptops circulating. About 10 people have tape on the camera.
    2014 Certification Goals: 70-410 [ ] CCNA:S [ ] Linux+ [ ]
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    So... I'm been following this thread for the last few days and I couldn't help wondering....

Are the people that cover tape over the camera more prone to believe that the sound of flatulence picked up by the microphone more acceptable than the webcam of them picking their nose? I would like to see a poll about that - icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
    Repo ManRepo Man Member Posts: 300
    I know this may sound crazy to us but I think people think we can see their desktops by using the camera icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I spoke to a couple people in my office today who also cover their webcams, and they had logical reasons, too. Of course, it's always been easier to caricature those who think differently than us, than to consider new possibilities and thereby expand one's beliefs. ;)
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I spoke to a couple people in my office today who also cover their webcams, and they had logical reasons, too.
    Ok - now you have peaked my curiosity - is my theory about nose-picking involved?
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    paul78 wrote: »
    Ok - now you have peaked my curiosity - is my theory about nose-picking involved?
    Apparently, there are worse things than nose-picking!
  • Options
    Geek1969Geek1969 Member Posts: 100 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Saw one of these today at work...pink construction paper taped over the camera. There may be more, as I generally don't see end users much anymore.
    WIP:
    ROUTE
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    non of our employees do that, but we have tight controls when it comes to IT, if there is an indecent of staff spying on another by using a cam, several heads will roll across several continents because it is must not be possible to be done.

at personal level, I removed the cam driver from my laptop, and covered the cam of my son's [3 years old] desktop.

as we generally do not use them.