can't install w8x64, & win server 2012 on VM Ware, but no trouble with Virtual Box.

inscom.brigadeinscom.brigade Member Posts: 400 ■■■□□□□□□□
On VMWAre I have sucsessfully installed the following:
DOS
win3.1
win95
win98se
XP
XPx64
server 2000
server 2003
10.8 mountain lion

I have tried to install the following but have had no sucsess to install on VMWare:

w8x64
server 2012

If I install w8x64, and server 2012 data center GUI on Oracle Virtual Box I get all the proper install screens and the install is smooth.

If it is my PC and x64, being the root of the issue and has conflict with VMWare, well i have delt with x64 trouble for years. I can accept that and just move on and be happy that I can run it in VB.
If since i am late to the party, a newcommer to Virtual, well then i want to learn what i am doing wrong.

Maybe i will download w8 32 bit and try that on VMWare if you guys have no idea's for me

Comments

• pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    You may want to check which version of VMWare Desktop you are using, the older ones dont support Win 8 & Win 2012. Had the same problem with my 64 bit machine. 32 bit will also not work, try upgrading to new version of VMWare :)
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]
  • inscom.brigadeinscom.brigade Member Posts: 400 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That is definitly a worthy suggestion! (thanks)

My version is 9.0.0 build-812388
    that should be ok i think?

I will explain in further detail what happens.
    I have tried to install from IOS mounted to a vurtual drive, as well as just the IOS on my desktop.
    I burned a actual disk and put it in a dvd drive.

when i start my vurtual machine: [all image source yeild same]

It will boot to the first screeen with the new blue 4 panel window and the rotating dotted circle.
    Then it skips the dark blue screen to select language and keyboard.
    Then it skips the dark blue screen to enter the KEY, name, and password.
    Then it skips the dark blue screen with the button (INSTALL NOW)3

skips the License screen:

Then it goes straight to the collecting data screen:>>>>>>>>>>> |>>>>>>>>>>>
    oracle vb give choice of all 4].
    In this gui their is no OS to choose,

(it says no image avalible)
    (my DVD drive is connected, the key legend on the bottom shows green flashing). If i right click\ settings, it checks out.

I have both w8x64, and server 2012 up and running on Oracle VB, on this same PC.