Options

London train bombings

strauchrstrauchr Member Posts: 528 ■■■□□□□□□□
I know this isn't exactly computer related but I just wanted to say to fellow londoners and anyone affected by the terrorist attack on London that I hope you are safe and well.

Business as usual today for and many others in London. These terrorist F*#KS will not win against our way of life.

Although I was not affected directly I do feel for all the victims and their loved ones and I do feel sadened that such a wonderful place such as London, that I have fell in love with after being here only 3 months, can be hurt like this. But like I said, we will not be defeated and life goes on.

Those computer systems still need to be kept up and running!! :)

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Well, I'm not a Londoner, but I am a Human, so my condolences go not to just those in the UK, but to all, because, sad to say, in this day and age, we are all affected.
    Let freedom ring. And when this happens, and when we allow
    freedom ring - when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet,
    from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when
    all of God's children - black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles,
    Protestants and Catholics - will be able to join hands and sing in the words
    of the old Negro spiritual: "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty,
    we are free at last!"
    Peace.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    Yes, this is very sad! I'm so sorry that this has happened. I pray that find the group that did this.
  • Options
    jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    It's so sad, afterall the point of the G8 summit is to end hunger in the poorest countries in the world and these damn terrorist are making a statement.

These terrorists has so much money to fund these groups and buy weapons instead of giving to these starving people and then going on TV and say... "Yes, we are a new breed of terrorists, We now fight to get rid of hunger..."
    What next?
  • Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    I echo Shadown7, but I also pray for the families of those affected and the indiviuals affected as well. God will deal with the terrorists, although I am not necassarily against anyone helping to arrange that meeting.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    NoodsNoods Member Posts: 168
    It only makes you wonder how to protect your country and yourself from such attacks. I beleive most of what the world is currently doing to protect itself is in vein, and it is mostly just an effort to give an illusion of safety. It is becoming obvious that a person who is willing to sacrifice their own life to take the lives of others is in many cases undetectable. So how do we really stop terrorism?

Godspeed to those impacted by any terrorist attack.
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    They believe that they are pleasing their (false) God by taking care of us "infidels".

I don't think this is the place for such a discussion. Whether or not their god is false is a matter of opinion, one which doesn't seem suited for TE.

Showing respect for those lost is one thing, but point out the reasons which the actions were performed and claiming that their religious beliefs are wrong, is taking it a bit too far.

Not trying to be a jerk, I just don't want a huge debate on who is right and who is wrong. :D
  • Options
    TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    ok.
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I truly sympathize with the people of London and I'm angry at the ones who did this to my 'neighbors'. But /usr is right, this is not the place to 'discuss' it. Feel free to express your sympathy for the Brits and show respect for those who are struck by this tragedy by replying to this topic. But do not turn this into a political or religious discussion as no terrorist will influence our registration terms.