Options

I have a quick question regarding a Catalyst 3750

brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
I inherited 4 SPARC servers and a half dozen workstations. I set them up on an internal network of 192.168.1.X. I have the machine communicating with each other, which is all I have to do. I held down the mode switch them plugged the units into the switch and things began to work. What I what like to do is manage the switch from the web interface. The documentation says open a web browser and point to 10.0.0.1. OF course that didn't work. I would expect I would need an 192.168.1.X address. I setup a port and assigned it an IP, then plugged my laptop into that report. I don't know a great deal about this port. I have a wireless router at home and it was pretty easy to start the web management. Any tips?

Comments

• Options
    TehToGTehToG Member Posts: 194
    The 10.0.0.1 address is the DEFAULT address for the switch. If you wish to communicate with the switch go to it's IP. You need to give VLAN 1 an IP in the same subnet as your pcs. (192.168.1.0/24 by the looks of things). If you dont configure the ports they'll be attached to VLAN 1 as default.

Edit: are you connected with console now?
  • Options
    her.yangher.yang Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    From my (limited) experience with setting up Web access to Cisco devices: you might have to configure a local login account on the switch (or configure it to authenticate you from your TACACS+ credentials), configure secure HTTPS access, and generate an RSA crypto key. Question: why do you have to configure Web access anyways? Is it part of the project requirement? I would just configure SSH and TACACS+ or RADIUS authentication and leave it at that.
  • Options
    I am not at work currently. I can get to the console pot tomorrow.
  • Options
    Do you intend to use it for Cisco studies/would you like to know how to use cisco gear or do you just want it to work?
  • Options
    I would just like it to work. These systems will never be connected to the outside world. They will only be used for internal testing.
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If I were you I'd connect via the console port and configure it that way. The web interface is okay. You can do so much more via the CLI and it's a great learning experience, too.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    ^
    Yeah but he doesn't want/need to learn.

If you don't want to manage your switch just leave it as is. Assuming the switch is configured you can always put put your hosts on the 10.0.0.0/24 range and that way you should be able to access the web tool anyway.