Options

"Let me know if your company is hiring"

2»

Comments

• Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    so he picked a fight one day but I kept it professional and walked away. He is almost twice my age, I would have busted his nose and probably lose my job!
    That's extreme. I've never met anyone on any of my teams who picked a fist fight.
    WiseWun wrote: »
    That's what I thought as well but don't you believe in second chance and that people can change?
    Absolutely! But your question was, should you endorse him? I wouldn't. If he changed for the better, then leave it to his more recent co-workers speak favorably of him. Leave it to his hiring manager to decide if a few years of good references is enough.
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    WiseWun wrote: »
    That's what I thought as well but don't you believe in second chance and that people can change? A few years ago, there was this employee who disliked me because of my talent and what I was paid (he knew the accountant) so he picked a fight one day but I kept it professional and walked away. He is almost twice my age, I would have busted his nose and probably lose my job!

After 2 years or so, he sent me a request on LinkedIn. I hesitated for a few days but ended up accepting his request. We don't talk but I think he knows what he did was wrong. I sometimes forgive others for their ignorance, hope it doesn't bite me in the rear.

Are people really getting into fist fights at work?
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    CarlSaiyed wrote: »
    Are people really getting into fist fights at work?
    If someone dares to step on my sneakers, it's on.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If someone dares to step on my sneakers, it's on.

Lord, help anyone who steals the pen off my desk!
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    or my red stapler !! :D
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    WiseWunWiseWun Member Posts: 285
    Them comments made me laugh. I hope your kidding about someone stepping on your sneakers. I usually don't argue with coworkers let alone get into a fight but if someone was to hurt me, I'll make sure I'm not the one that's on the ground.
    "If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original.” - Ken Robinson