Options

error event 15 in event viewer

johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
I have a ton of error event 15, The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, is not ready for access yet in my event log on WInXP 32bit and 64bit edition. I have disabled write caching on all my drives and arrays. The box has 2 PATA drives, and three SATA drives in a raid 5 array. The extra RAID channel and SCSI adapters have all been disabled. CHKDSK and the vendor utilities come back clean as a whistle. I dont really feel like taking drives out and swapping to ther boxes, but I can if I need to as I have identical boxes. It doesnt seem to be affecting performance.

Any thoughts? Any one else had this problem in the past? I have encountered it before on my SCSI drives, but disabling write caching always cleared it up.
Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p

Comments

• Options
    Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I had the same error but on 2 SATA drives in RAID 1. I too ran disk diagnostics with no negative results. I updated the RAID driver and rebuilt the RAID. Haven't had the error since.
  • Options
    jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    Event ID: 15
    Source: [scsi miniport driver]
    Description: The device, \Device\ScsiPort1, is not ready for access yet.

Event ID 15 indicates that the device is not ready. This can be the result of SCSI host adapter configuration issues or other problems. Check with the manufacturer for updated firmware, drivers, or known issues.
    What next?