Options

Just Passed 701!!!

thadlockthadlock Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey Just wanted to introduce myself and shout that I just passed the 220-701!!! I'm now forced to wait an hour till I can take my 220-702, and I'm going over all my notes, and study guides, and focusing on what I know I'm still not great on (display devices and printers icon_pale.gif )

Other than that I'm super proud that I passed the 701, I've been studying for about two weeks, I've recently decided to go back to school (WGU) and even though I have the resume requirement covered (just barely 3.5 years), I wanted to get a certification under my belt to better my chances at getting in.

I've been working as IT manager for a small local business, though I honestly haven't had a TON of experience comparatively, so I did have to do quite a bit of studying because seriously if cable a fits into slot b what did it matter to me how many pins it had, I never paid any attention to that sort of stuff.

But I'm happy that I've passed the 701, now quick, how difficult is the 702 in comparison?!?!

Thanks for having such a great community here, I've been lurking since deciding to go down this journey about a month ago, and this site has been such a HUGE help in helping me make this decision to further my career and go back to school!!!

Comments

• Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! If you can pass 701 you should be OK with 702. I found 702 to be harder but it builds on the knowledege from 701. 701 was more what is X. 702 was more What would you do with X?
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    thadlockthadlock Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    AND... I... PASSED!!! YIPPIE!!! I'm super proud of myself, I know this might seem like such a dinky exam in some peoples eyes, but I feel really proud of myself. I haven't been in school for 10 years, so getting down and studying was really hard for me. Yeah! now on to WGU!!!! :D
  • Options
    snipes1snipes1 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratz on passing comptia A+
  • Options
    Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    Congratulations! What's next?
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    str8outtajerzystr8outtajerzy Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    al3kt.R***al3kt.R*** Member Posts: 118
    Congratz m8 icon_thumright.gif!!!
    "Tigranes: Good heavens! Mardonius, what kind of men have brought us to fight against? Men who do not compete for possessions, but for honour."--- Herodotus, The Histories
    "Nipson anomemata me monan opsin"--- Gregory of Nazianzus
    "Bruce Schneier's secure handshake is so strong, you won't be able to exchange keys with anyone else for days."--- Bruce Schneier Facts
  • Options
    BlowindoeBlowindoe Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    someasiandudesomeasiandude Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    awesome..

im taking the 701 this oct 1 :D
    A.S. - Computer Networking Student (Spring 2014)

CompTIA A+ (passed 10/2012) ----> CompTIA Net+ ----> CCENT :study: ---> CCNA ---> ???
  • Options
    gdeusthewhizkidgdeusthewhizkid Member Posts: 289
    congrats just passed 701 this afternoon. Great feeling
    WGU Progress: Progress | Completed | Start Date: 9/1/2012 B.S. Network Management & Design
    Courses Transferred in: BBC1 LAE1 QBT1 IWC1 IWT1 DHV1 CSV1 CWV1 CRV1 DEV1 - 28 cu :roll:
    Down: AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1

Technical Diploma from Lincoln Tech.