Options

Please Help !!!

lfcwhoelselfcwhoelse Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
Can anyone possibly let me know if the Cisco exam 640-822(whoever has done it before) involves any questions involving router/switch configuration.

Cheers :)

Comments

• Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ... Yeah. It's a CCNA Route/Switch exam...

Check out the blueprint for the cisco exam on cisco's website: https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-4986
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    Thanks for your reply Roguetadhg so is it recommended I use packet tracer for my first Cisco part 1 exam to cover this ?
  • Options
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/81293-how-study-ccent-ccna-tutorial.html#post674187

Short answer: Yes. You can use packet tracer to pass the exam.

Long answer: Depending on your goals, job duties, what you want. You may want to go a different route such as Invest a little bit of money into hardware, or using GNS3. I have all "how to study" listed in the above link.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

• Options
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/81293-how-study-ccent-ccna-tutorial.html#post674187

Short answer: Yes. You can use packet tracer to pass the exam.

Long answer: Depending on your goals, job duties, what you want. You may want to go a different route such as Invest a little bit of money into hardware, or using GNS3. I have all "how to study" listed in the above link.

Cheers very very helpful :)
  • Options
    mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    sorry, but i kinda lol-ed inside a little =p

but in all seriousness, welcome to the world of Cisco =)

good luck and hope you have fun!
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE
  • Options
    mapletune wrote: »
    sorry, but i kinda lol-ed inside a little =p

but in all seriousness, welcome to the world of Cisco =)

good luck and hope you have fun!

I am new to Cisco I have being trying to find out as much if as possible in order to study my first exam
  • Options
    mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    yea, sorry for coming across as obnoxious =p it's all just good fun, nothing mean.

Now that I think about it, it does make sense to ask that question.

I mean, you could have exams like CompTIA Network+ and they might not as you to configure Cisco routers/switches.

But like rogue pointed out, (and provided some good resources too), it is a Cisco exam after all. So, there will be some focus on using their equipment.

and don't worry, I thought switches and hubs were the same thing when I first started. <- kinda made a fool out of myself =p
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE
  • Options
    Prasad SatavPrasad Satav Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Read the "Sticky" threads in the forum.. lo of your questions will be answered :)

and yes... Welcome to the cisco world.. cheers :D
  • Options
    I should mention one thing: It's a cisco exam. But it doesn't just teach cisco. It teaches networking and Cisco as the byproduct. Although, with CCNA:Security, it's definitely heavy on Cisco so far.

Now, that can be argued if you go the CCDA (Track course). It's been spoken of as "Cheerleaders" for Cisco :P. Although, I don't know.

• Options
    mapletune wrote: »
    yea, sorry for coming across as obnoxious =p it's all just good fun, nothing mean.

Now that I think about it, it does make sense to ask that question.

I mean, you could have exams like CompTIA Network+ and they might not as you to configure Cisco routers/switches.

But like rogue pointed out, (and provided some good resources too), it is a Cisco exam after all. So, there will be some focus on using their equipment.

and don't worry, I thought switches and hubs were the same thing when I first started. <- kinda made a fool out of myself =p

No worries :)
  • Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Here's an example of the type of questions you'll have on the exams -

Cisco Certification Exam Tutorial - Cisco Systems
  • Options
    Ltat42a wrote: »
    Here's an example of the type of questions you'll have on the exams -

Cisco Certification Exam Tutorial - Cisco Systems