Options

ICND2 today...

jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
Testing in about four hours. I took yesterday and today off work to try and get some last minute cram time in before I test. I don't really have anything specific to cram, as I've been studying this pretty consistently since I passed ICND1 in April, but it makes me feel better that I put this last minute push into making sure everything is fresh.

Still pretty nervous though...

Any suggestions for relaxing my brain before I go in?

Comments

• Options
    Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    Before I take an exam I just try to relax as much as possible. For me if I cram a few hours a head of time I do not retain the information at all. If I were you I would just sit down have some coffee/coke/etc.. and just relax. I am pretty sure before I took my last test I watched 3 episodes of Workaholics for a good laugh. Nevertheless GOOD LUCK and we are waiting for the I PASSED post
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Do some exercising. You'll get tense, if you get too tense you'll get a headache.

It doesn't hurt to quickly memorize something you want to put on the erase paper. I always put down the subnetting things, things that are more memorized than facts. I don't want to go into the test thinking "Yes, this is maybe X, or.. not.. wait.. no. It is! I hope..."

For my security+, I made sure to write out the ports I memorized. Even though I knew it like the back of my hand, I didn't want to risk forgetting 69 was for TFTP. Even though I still remember those ports now :P
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    mfbinxmfbinx Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would study. You may find the answers to some questions coming your way.
  • Options
    lantechlantech Member Posts: 329
    Just relax for now. It's better to take a little time to relax than to try and cram more info in that this point. If you get to nervous when you start the exam you just might fail because of it.

And good luck.
    2012 Certification Goals

CCENT: 04/16/2012
    CCNA: TBD
  • Options
    MJohnsonresMJohnsonres Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    1. Wear comfortable footwear (Sandals, Tennis) - If your feet feel good, you feel good.

2. Arrive at the testing site early - Nothing causes stress more than being late.

3. Turn on some of your favorite music - Music calms the savage beast. It's difficult to sing a song and think about something totally unrelated.

4. Open the car windows and lean your chair back - A nice breeze in a reclining position will relax almost anyone.

5. Walking to the building, conjurer up the theme from Rocky, (Rising up back on the street, did my time took my chances... (you get the idea). Say to yourself or aloud, "I AM ICND2 Certified, I AM victorious, I AM Successful, I AM the one who passed the ICND2 test today, I AM awaiting for my ICND2 certificate in the mail, I AM smiling because I passed the ICND2 certification test!, I AM going to post on techexams.net that I passed the ICND2 today!

icon_cheers.gif