Options

Passed ICND2!

jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
I didn't want to steal the thunder of the other guy who has a pass thread up, so here is mine.

PASSED! Hell yes! Got a 902, much better than I was expecting. Was a little disappointed at the test content, kind of felt like they didn't touch on certain areas much when they should have. I was surprised at the number of sims I had, as I was not expecting it based on reading other people's experiences.

Thanks to all the posters on TechExams for all their help. Most of you never know how much you help people like me (lurkers) but you really really do. Odds are if you are posting a question, someone else out there was hoping it would get posted because they need to know the answer too. The motivation that coming here and reading these boards gives me helps a lot as well, constantly hearing about other people's experiences with the tests. I've found some really great study materials and techniques from reading other posters' strategies, and they have helped me immensely.

Now it's Project+ for the next week and a half so I can finally be done with that class...

Comments

• Options
    Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    Congratulations! That's a damn good score.
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
  • Options
    Thanks Patel, and thanks for the words of encouragement in my other thread earlier today!
  • Options
    lantechlantech Member Posts: 329
    Congratulations and great score.
    2012 Certification Goals

CCENT: 04/16/2012
    CCNA: TBD
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Great job man!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    orange_badgerorange_badger Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    great score good luck with the future
  • Options
    al3kt.R***al3kt.R*** Member Posts: 118
    way to go dudeicon_thumright.gif
    "Tigranes: Good heavens! Mardonius, what kind of men have brought us to fight against? Men who do not compete for possessions, but for honour."--- Herodotus, The Histories
    "Nipson anomemata me monan opsin"--- Gregory of Nazianzus
    "Bruce Schneier's secure handshake is so strong, you won't be able to exchange keys with anyone else for days."--- Bruce Schneier Facts
  • Options
    X10MMXX10MMX Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Awesome.. Congrats.. Welcome to the CCNA Club
  • Options
    MJohnsonresMJohnsonres Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah.................... icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing ICND2 and getting your CCNA. Good luck on the Project+! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    neuregelneuregel Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats......so lucky!
  • Options
    4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Congrats man! Good luck on Project+!
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• Options
    Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]
  • Options
    BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, make sure to have a few beers tonight!
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • Options
    BlowindoeBlowindoe Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats!! I still remember walking away from the testing center after passing icnd2 last year.. great feeling! Much better score than me, might I add. Sounds like you get it, keep on pushing!
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good job, nice score. Congrats!!!
  • Options
    IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Was a little disappointed at the test content, kind of felt like they didn't touch on certain areas much when they should have. I was surprised at the number of sims I had, as I was not expecting it based on reading other people's experiences.

Can you elaborate heavy on this and also what sims you recommend for someone doing Cisco IV class now(covered Inro and PPP so far)??
  • Options
    zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
    Illumanati wrote: »
    Can you elaborate heavy on this and also what sims you recommend for someone doing Cisco IV class now(covered Inro and PPP so far)??

Talking about sims and test content is against NDA. No new CCNA wants to start off by breaking the rules.
  • Options
    @Illumanati
    I recommend studying everything, as there is no way of knowing which set of questions are coming out of the test bank. I'm sure the set of questions I got is completely different from the questions you will get. If you are asking what study resources I would recommend for simulation type practice, I'd use Packet Tracer, or if you don't have that or lab gear, then purchase a few hours on the Cisco Learning Labs. WGU paid for 25 hours on the lab, and it was really really helpful for identifying areas in which I was weak when it came to configuration.
  • Options
    HectorPHectorP Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man! That is awesome. Good luck on your next cert!