Question regarding CompTia CE program...

IT69IT69 Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
This is my first post on these boards after a lot of browsing and studying through the site, very very happy I found techexams as it is such a valuable resource. My question is regarding the CompTia CE program and renewal of certifications, from what I can see if I have A+,Net+ and Sec + all I would need to do to renew all three is pass the Security+ exam before the three year expiry of the first certification earned? Or if I had A+ ,Net+,Storage+,Sec+ and CASP I would just need to pass the CASP before the the first certification earned expires to have all of them renewed, is this correct?

Comments

• showboshowbo Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    IT69 wrote: »
    This is my first post on these boards after a lot of browsing and studying through the site, very very happy I found techexams as it is such a valuable resource. My question is regarding the CompTia CE program and renewal of certifications, from what I can see if I have A+,Net+ and Sec + all I would need to do to renew all three is pass the Security+ exam before the three year expiry of the first certification earned? Or if I had A+ ,Net+,Storage+,Sec+ and CASP I would just need to pass the CASP before the the first certification earned expires to have all of them renewed, is this correct?

You are correct at the first part, A, N, S+, just pass S+ and pay your dues and you are set to go. For the others, not sure just give CompTIA a call and they can clear things up for you.
  • RyanCorbettRyanCorbett Member Posts: 54 ■■■□□□□□□□
    security + renews network +, but a+ doesn't renew anything....go to comptia's website and check continuing education under a+ and it will tell you....
  • IT69IT69 Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    showbo wrote: »
    You are correct at the first part, A, N, S+, just pass S+ and pay your dues and you are set to go. For the others, not sure just give CompTIA a call and they can clear things up for you.

Thank you , I will look into it a bit more, hoping it is how I think it is as taking one exam to renew the rest seems very convenient .
  • sec_wizsec_wiz Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Where exactly does Linux+ fit into the picture in terms of CE?

If I have net+ and sec+ will sec+ renew my Linux+? or does Linux+ not expire?

Cheers