Options

Scheduled 640-822 ICND1

JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
Scheduled it today for 11/5, wanted to shoot for end of October but didn't want to take it in the middle of the week so I had to push it 1 week away.

Plan is to pass it on the first try and then schedule/take ICND2 before the end of the year. icon_cheers.gif

What I am using-
Todd Lammle's CCNET Study Guide: ICND1
Subnet192 icnd1 guide
Packet Tracer
CBT nuggets / TS
Physical Lab 26xx / 29xx / 36xx
2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.

Comments

• Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Sounds good! Good luck to ya! Keep on studying and reviewing all topics up until then.. that day will come quicker than you think. (I always reschedule at least a couple times, ha). But its good to have a date on the calendar to push for
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • Options
    showboshowbo Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am up for Sept 28th. Good luck to you!
  • Options
    amcnowamcnow Member Posts: 215 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My ICND1 exam is tomorrow... icon_surprised.gif

I thought about postponing it again, but ultimately decided against it.
    JeanM wrote: »
    Scheduled it today for 11/5, wanted to shoot for end of October but didn't want to take it in the middle of the week so I had to push it 1 week away.

Plan is to pass it on the first try and then schedule/take ICND2 before the end of the year. icon_cheers.gif
    showbo wrote: »
    I am up for Sept 28th. Good luck to you!

Good luck on your exams. icon_study.gif
    WGU - Master of Science, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    Completed: JIT2, TFT2, VLT2, C701, C702, C706, C700, FXT2
    In Progress: C688
    Remaining: LQT2
    Aristotle wrote:
    For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You just gotta take the Parrot by the Bird-Cajones. Sometimes even if you don't feel like you're ready... you may be surprised!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    amcnow wrote: »
    Good luck on your exams. icon_study.gif

+1 to all; Good luck on your exams. icon_study.gif I'm fixing to beat the heck out of some Packet Tracer labs myself on my way to a successful CCENT. Gotta start with the tutorial and work my way up. If anyone wants to work with me on this, PM me! just keeping it light and fun for that explosive WOW or WHOA factor!
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JeanM - with a lab like the one in your avatar, there is no way in hell you can fail ICND1 or ICND2 - go for it! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    amcnowamcnow Member Posts: 215 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just missed CCENT certification by a few points. I'll retake it in a couple of weeks. Back to studying... icon_study.gif
    WGU - Master of Science, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    Completed: JIT2, TFT2, VLT2, C701, C702, C706, C700, FXT2
    In Progress: C688
    Remaining: LQT2
    Aristotle wrote:
    For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.
  • Options
    Finished the CCENT book last week and have been watching CBT Nugget videos. About half way through, 4 hours last night. Plan on doing the same today and tomorrow so I should be done by monday.

Next week I plan on going through TrainSignal videos and/or printed Subnet192 icnd1 guide.

On another note, purchased my first l3 switch, 3550-24 port for $49 +s/h :)
  • Options
    TurK-FXTurK-FX Member Posts: 174
    i scheduled mine for nov. 11th. I am gonna be done with the book today. Have last 30pages left. and go over my notes thru weekend. Then i will have 2 weeks to take practice tests, and go over on my weak areas.

Hope we all pass it :)
    WGU classes: Transferred -> AGC1, CLC1, TBP1, CJC1, BVC1, C278, CRV1, IWC1, IWT1, C246, C247, C132, C164, INC1, C277. Appealed -> WFV1 and C393.
    What is Left to take - > EUP1, EUC1, C220, C221, BNC1, GC1, C299, CTV1, DJV1, DHV1, CUV1, CJV1, TPV1, C394
    Currently Studying -> CCNA security (Designing Customized Security & Security)
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck @TurK-FX and @amcnow on the ICND1! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    umarbhattiumarbhatti Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck
    I was planning on sitting my 640-802 on the Nov 25/26th
    Sadly my schedule is not going to plan.
    Gotta finish of CBT Nuggets ICND2, then ICND2 study guide and finally do some serious pracs
    Going to push it back till early Dec
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck JeanM! How prepared do you feel for the exam?
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    Good luck JeanM! How prepared do you feel for the exam?

Feeling good, just doing a review on all of the objectives. Finished watching 9 ICND1 lab videos in the CCNA Video Mentor DVD today (it's on sale for a really good price @cisco btw! )
  • Options
    Just finished watching Jeremy's ip subnetting videos, he makes it seem so easy! I've been taking notes while watching these and I am feeling better with these now.

Tomorrow I plan on going through the last 4 hours of CBT Nuggets ICND1 series, then I have until next monday to go over all my notes and/or go over chapters to do a final review.