Options

RU-Ready SY0-101 (99 Questions) Useful?

JLLJLL Inactive Imported Users Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I recently purchased the 'Security+ Test Voucher Bundle - PRO' from the getcertify4less site which includes the 'RU-Ready SY0-101' practice test. Besides the horrible grammatic issues with the test, can anyone rate or give some insight as to the actual usefulness of it as it relates to the actual exam? I did complete the practice test and scored high, but what does it REALLY mean :)

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

JLuna

Comments

• Options
    seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    im also thinking of purchasing that package, and would like someone to elaberate on it if at all possible
  • Options
    qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    I have the RU Ready test for security+ right now. I haven't tried them but I'm not expecting much of them.

I tried the Network+ RU Ready tests while I was studying for Comptia Network+ exam, I would say out of all the practice quizes I did, the RU Ready test were the worse. Questions were fairly simple.

I'm going to imagine the quality is the same for there security+ RU Ready test as there network+ RU Ready test. Anyways, doesn't it come free with the voucher? I believe mine did. It's still good to use, but use other quizzers aswell.
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.
  • Options
    spfdz,

The practice test and TCat Sec+ Cert Guide (have not read) did come bundled with the Sec+ voucher package purchased at getcertify4less.

I guess any quiz/pratctice test that makes an attempt to ask security-related questions are helpful overall, but may not be useful if you are focusing on the CompTIA Sec+ cert.

Thanks for you input.

JL
  • Options
    ja5983ja5983 Member Posts: 129
    RUREADY - buggy test, answers wrong at times, at times Questions or naswers do not show up at all but you are graded on them, annoying guy that says 'correct' or 'wrong', stupid popup that says do you want to learn more....$ 0

TCAT sec+ pdf - nothing worth reading, you wont learn anything, poorly written....$0

getting the sec+ voucher....priceless
    Josh
    A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, TICSA, CCNA, MCSA, AS Network Engineering
  • Options
    ja5983,

My exact thoughts! Good to hear someone else feels the same.

Thanks and good luck with Dennis!

JL
  • Options
    Heh yeah, the tcat guide just seems to be a ton of definitions.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What version of Tcats pdf? The full version that you pay for or the original version that everyone downloads from some file sharing app?

First up - the original version was put out for the beta exam and is far removed from the latest version. Secondly, if you haven't purchased a copy and have swapped it you are lacking in something that is a prerequisite for someone working in the IT field - integrity.

Not pointing the finger at any of you guys, but I get PMs all the time asking for my copy of some study material or another icon_rolleyes.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    RussS,

"What version of Tcats pdf?" - I don't know what TCat material is being distributed via P2P apps or amongst Security+ candidates. We are referring to the TCat Security+ Cert Guide included with the Security+ Test Voucher Bundle - PRO from getcertify4less. It's described as a cert guide and just like spfdz mentioned - "ton of definitions". Here is a link if you need further clarification --> http://www.getcertify4less.com/security-pro.asp

Also, I agree with you in respect to swapped P2P files or files swapped illegally by any other medium. Be very careful what you are downloading.

JL
  • Options
    RussS wrote:
    What version of Tcats pdf? The full version that you pay for or the original version that everyone downloads from some file sharing app?

First up - the original version was put out for the beta exam and is far removed from the latest version. Secondly, if you haven't purchased a copy and have swapped it you are lacking in something that is a prerequisite for someone working in the IT field - integrity.

Not pointing the finger at any of you guys, but I get PMs all the time asking for my copy of some study material or another icon_rolleyes.gif
    Heh yeah, the tcat guide just seems to be a ton of definitions.
    I guess I should state myself more clearly. The TCAT guide that had nothing but definitions in it. The one I got from getcertify4less.com