HAM radio IT channel? Anyone?

Bill3rdshiftBill3rdshift Member Posts: 36 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I would like to know if anyone has heard of a HAM radio repeater that is focused around IT talk? Doesn't matter where you live, I would just be happy to hear something like this exists.

I have a 32U HAM radio rack and would personally love to have a station dedicated to Information Technology. This way people from all experience levels could have an audio forum to converse about any sub genre of IT.

Just a thought.
Reading: Incident Response & Disaster Recovery, Server 2008r2 Administration, IT Security Interviews Exposed
Telecom Info Page: http://telecom.tbi.net

Comments

• inscom.brigadeinscom.brigade Member Posts: 400 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kind of like those guys at the salvage yards? (explain) Analogy, say you wanted a used car part and went to the used car part salvage shop; you asked for a part and they didn't have it, but their (HAM RADIO connection?) located the part.

Is it like that?

That could be good for insider (US) trouble shooting.
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hah! I misunderstood the topic and thought you were batting for a HAM Radio Forum... I am studying on-and-off for my General license and the material seems superficially similar to the CWNA topics - can someone more knowledgeable comment, please?
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]