Options

[Question] IP Subnetting?

mohamedshajidmohamedshajid Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello guys i'm shajid probably i was struck with IP Subnetting, seems to be hard not very hard because i'm weaker in math, If someone explain me the IP Subnetting clearly without using any of hard words just alternative in talking way. I realized what are the classes and all but the subnet masks and calculation methods only i don't know how, Please explain me clearly will ya? icon_lol.gif
[2013] CCNA Cert Exam @IBM Premier Campus in Sri Lanka
+ Reading Todd Lammle CCNA 7th Edition, CCENT Cert Dummies
I'm totally afraid of heard strange word of cisco
+ Next Career - Red Hat Linux Networking And CCNA: Security (2013 Before June)

Comments

• Options
    phatrikphatrik Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Check out IPv4 Subnetting TechNotes for a clear explanation and if you have any questions you can always ask. Please be aware it's important you master subnetting if you'll be going for the CCENT or CCNA exam.
    2018 goals: Security+, CCNA CyberOps (Cohort #6), eJPT, CCNA R&S 2019 goals: RHCE ????, OSCP || CISSP
  • Options
    Actually phatrik i was joined a class in Sri lanka "Great Lake" for CCENT/CCNA so now only started the class and finished 1 modules network topologies and Understanding the devices so i'm really expert on previous module but when i came to this "IP Subnetting" and i was missed a class so. that's why i'm so much struggling to learn that module
  • Options
    zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
    Look up some videos on YouTube. It is easier to learn subnetting by seeing it done.
  • Options
    lantechlantech Member Posts: 329
    As you are finding ways to subnet the easy way make sure you understand how to subnet in binary. As it will be important in other areas as well.
    2012 Certification Goals

CCENT: 04/16/2012
    CCNA: TBD
  • Options
    al3kt.R***al3kt.R*** Member Posts: 118
    Maybe try rockstar's suggestion; visualizing things can ease up the knowledge acquisition process.
    "Tigranes: Good heavens! Mardonius, what kind of men have brought us to fight against? Men who do not compete for possessions, but for honour."--- Herodotus, The Histories
    "Nipson anomemata me monan opsin"--- Gregory of Nazianzus
    "Bruce Schneier's secure handshake is so strong, you won't be able to exchange keys with anyone else for days."--- Bruce Schneier Facts
  • Options
    phatrikphatrik Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Regardless how much of an expert you are at other subjects, you can't pass the exam without being a rock star when it comes to subnetting. Like other people already suggested, seeing video on youtube might help if reading the Technotes wasn't enough.
    2018 goals: Security+, CCNA CyberOps (Cohort #6), eJPT, CCNA R&S 2019 goals: RHCE ????, OSCP || CISSP
  • Options
    Thanks Phatirk, rockstar and all who suggested great ideas to study "Subnetting". Actually now only i've downloaded some videos thanks for the suggest, I should be master in subnet :D
  • Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□