How did you study for CCNP Secure?

KrekenKreken Member Posts: 284
I usually do a self study - get a book from Amazon, maybe buy a CBT for it and do lots of labs. The problem is that the official guide for this exam on Amazon has very bad reviews due to the multitude of technical and grammatical errors. After reading all the reviews there, I decided to skip buying this book. This leaves me with a void for the reading material. I am thinking of pulling all the technical documents according to the exam blueprint but I am not sure if that would be enough.

How did you study? Did you use the official guide or something else?

Comments

• al3kt.R***al3kt.R*** Member Posts: 118
    Hi m8,

to complement study books I usually keep eyes open for relevant articles, white-papers and other learning material directly from Cisco.com. A lot of useful information you can assimilate, just by searching their portal and especially for security-related exams' topics. You can always make an optional learning-network account there to access even more info on your desired exam.

Regards and good luck on your studies and examsicon_wink.gif
    "Tigranes: Good heavens! Mardonius, what kind of men have brought us to fight against? Men who do not compete for possessions, but for honour."--- Herodotus, The Histories
    "Nipson anomemata me monan opsin"--- Gregory of Nazianzus
    "Bruce Schneier's secure handshake is so strong, you won't be able to exchange keys with anyone else for days."--- Bruce Schneier Facts
  • bryguybryguy Member Posts: 190
    Kreken wrote: »
    I usually do a self study - get a book from Amazon, maybe buy a CBT for it and do lots of labs. The problem is that the official guide for this exam on Amazon has very bad reviews due to the multitude of technical and grammatical errors. After reading all the reviews there, I decided to skip buying this book. This leaves me with a void for the reading material. I am thinking of pulling all the technical documents according to the exam blueprint but I am not sure if that would be enough.

How did you study? Did you use the official guide or something else?

I wondered the same thing, in a previous post...

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccnp-security/77679-secure-study-material.html

Let me know how you make out... I decided to tackle the IPS exam first.
  • KrekenKreken Member Posts: 284
    Thanks for the link, bryguy. Secure is my last exam to pass to get CCNP:S.