Options

Online Storage

thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
Hey guys,

If you use one of those online storage drive, what is your preferred cloud storage? Are they compatible with other mobile devices and Windows and OSX?
I have dropbox, but 2GB is not enough. And don't want to pay for $10/month for 20GB.
Studying:
Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
Reading:
Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold

Comments

• Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Microsoft's Skydrive gives you 7GB free and is probably one of the cheaper options for upgrading.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I like my google drive, as it ties a few different things togather.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    i have google drive and 25G of Microsoft's Skydrive.

Although MS drive is bigger, I only use google drive. As above said, it's easier to integrate.
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE
  • Options
    thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    I use Goodreader ipad app and OSX, so I just signed up for Skydrive since it is supported on both platforms. I need to test Googledrive as well, but it is cheaper to get Skydrive if I need more storage.

How did you get 25GB Skydrive?
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold
  • Options
    jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
    MS ran an "early adopter" promo a while back that you upgrade your skydrive to 25GB for free. I was eligible, but didn't bite - I pretty much only use skydrive for office so i can edit them online & maintain all the MS specific formatting - I've seen Google Docs royally screw that up with 2007/2010 native stuff.
    "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi
  • Options
    mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    Yea, i remember hearing something like that...

anyway, I didn't do anything and got my 25GB skydrive. Basically, if you've had your msn account for a long time already, (and uploaded stuff before) then you are automatically "grandfathered" into the 25GB plan.
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE
  • Options
    drkatdrkat Banned Posts: 703
    I use dropbox 100GB for 10/month and 3.95 extra for backups so I can undelete items.. well worth it when I'm trying to centralize photos and documents between multiple devices and mobile phones