Options

Sybex CISSP Study Guide Book 6th Edition

ohmohm Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm looking for feedback on Sybex book CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional Study Guide: James M. Stewart,Mike Chapple,Darril Gibson: 9781118314173: Amazon.com: Books
I see that Darril Gibson is a co-author.
I studied for Security+ using his book and really liked the writing style.
It was straight to the point.
I'm currently studying from Shon Harris book and slowly realizing that I'm zoning out due to too much unnecessary information.

Comments

• Options
    TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
    Go for Eric Conrads 2nd Edition and use another resource to compliment it, never rely on one source.
    Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
    Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
    Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
    Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida
  • Options
    Ragster12Ragster12 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would agree with TBRays....get the CISSP Study Guide, 2nd Edition by Eric Conrad. I just took my exam this past week and passed. I used the Eric Conrad book, some older (4th edition) videos by Shon Harris, and I took a lot of notes (20+ legal notepads) to reinforce what I was reading and watching. You mentioned the Shon Harris book. I also thought it was filled with too much secondary fluff(distracting from main points) but the disc in the back of the book (5th ed.) has quizzes which I went through 2 days before the exam. I had an average of 96% from the quizzes.

Do not rely on just one source. Also, do not think you can walk into the exam without preparation and expect to pass. The exam was like no other I had ever experienced. Comprehensive puts it mildly. What amount of preparation time you think you need....add to it. It is a passable exam on the first attempt but you have to put the work in to achieve the passing grade.
  • Options
    ohmohm Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info.