Options

Associate or Non-Associate ?

omegas414omegas414 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am trying to register for the CISSP exams and it was asking if i am taking the Associate exams or Not?
I was lost with the question, I have over 8 yrs working experience on security with my telecommunications company, should I choose the "Associate" or choose the non-Associate?
Actually, what is Associate and what is Non-Associate?
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Associate means that you do not meet the 5 year prerequisite.

If you have the years of experience, then a non-associate would be a full blown CISSP instead of Associate of (ISC)2.
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    omegas414omegas414 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you, Webgeek
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    NP and good luck!!!
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    IlikeITIlikeIT Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have same question, but I can still proclaim that I am CISSP eventhough I am associate?
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ^ I don't believe you can use the CISSP credential on a resume. I could be wrong, but I believe you must identify yourself as an Associate of (ISC)2
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,035 Admin
    I really don't know if "CISSP" can be used with the "Associate of the (ISC)2" or not. It seems to have gone back and forth over the years. The (ISC)2's "How to Become an Associate" Web page indicates that "The Associate of the (ISC)2 toward CISSP" is presently the proper designation. I'm sure we've covered this in other threads here at TE.
  • Options
    Althmash7Althmash7 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You require only 5 years of experience to become a full Cissp Certifited and u have already cross that .

Associate is foe them who have no experience and are giving cissp exam.