Enough for the CCENT/CCNA?

xkaijinxxkaijinx Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am using the following combination to prepare for the CCENT/CCNA, please advise if this will be sufficient.

Reading: Wendell Odom, Official Cert Guide Third Edition 640-822 (will buy the ICND2 after passing ICND1)
Watching: CBT Nuggets Videos
Labbing: Packet Tracing Labs - Using the labs from Cisco.netacad.net - I have access to all those labs.
Practice Exams: Combination of CD included with Odom book + ********.com

..and of course lurking through these forums ! :D

I feel like this should be more than sufficient.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Whatever that starred out website is you should not be using. Most likely a brain **** site. You can check out certguard.com to see if it is legit or not.
  • xkaijinxxkaijinx Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hm. I thought brain **** sites were free? This site charges $39 for ICND1 practice questions.

Certguard lists it as a braindump site..
  • YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    No, not all brain **** sites are free.
  • ch1vasch1vas Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello,

I'd like to get some hands on exam experience too. Are there actually any legal sites with legit exam practice tests? I certainly can think of the questions being very tricky and confusing at the exam, if not prepared. Even if you actually know all topics. I can only speak for myself but I'm usually nervous as hell and if I'm not really prepared for the tricky questions, I most likely fail even though I would know the answer if asked in a more simple way.

Thanks.
    Goal 2013: CCENT (x); CCNA(x); Security+(x); ITIL Foundation ( )
  • zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378

I didn't find the questions on my CCNA exam to be tricky at all. If you REALLY know your stuff, which you should to be certified in something, then you will do fine.
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My thread has links to legit practice tests. Exams that won't get you into trouble.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/81293-how-study-ccent-ccna-tutorial.html
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

xkaijinx wrote: »
    Hm. I thought brain **** sites were free? This site charges $39 for ICND1 practice questions.

Certguard lists it as a braindump site..

I would cancel with them immediately. If you end up passing your CCENT/CCNA you could potentially lose your certification because of using brain ****.
  • xkaijinxxkaijinx Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ok thanks i never purchased anything from this site just wanted to ask.
    But back to my original question... With the study material i have (excluding bad site). Would that be enough for ccent/ccna?
    Yarrr, Matey!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

• jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
    LOL Rogue....

Did your account get hijacked? Or you had a stroke while thinking of a response?

This is the LEAST helpful post I've seen you make! Usually you would be pointing him to your thread! LOL icon_lol.gif
    I already pointed him to the thread! Unless he didn't visit the thread I pointed him to, which would be his fault!

He asked another question, I couldn't answer with a "Yes." Gotta make a minimal-character count. I already tried before changing my response.

I made some unhelpful responses before. They get weeded out, and I get warned I'd walk the plank. Which hasn't happened too often - knock on wood. >.>

xkaijinx wrote: »
    Ok thanks i never purchased anything from this site just wanted to ask.
    But back to my original question... With the study material i have (excluding bad site). Would that be enough for ccent/ccna?

Yes the Odom books, CBT nugget videos, and Packet Tracer labbing will suffice for ICND1. I would consider getting real hardware for when you begin your studies for ICND2
  • SecurityThroughObscuritySecurityThroughObscurity Member Posts: 212 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't think that real hardware need for ICND2.
    PT is enough.
    I don't think that real hardware need for ICND2.
    PT is enough.

Well of course it's not needed. But I personally feel one would benefit so much more from actually having a physical lab at home, especially if they have to real-world networking experience.
  • jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
    Everyone be aware that the above listed site hosts **** material, so be careful.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I would also like to point out that many sites that sell **** materials are also interested in your credit card and other financial information. Cheating the cheaters as it were.

And if anyone see any links to **** sites posted, please use the Report Post icon at the bottom of the post to report it to the forum moderators. Thanks very much.
  • nithinfuhrernithinfuhrer Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello Friends,

My friend has been telling me that there are **** sites where you can get past ICND1 exam questions???
    Is it also true that we can expect similar or some same questions from the **** questions in the actual ICND1 exam?
    Can someone recommend few sites where i can find ICND1 **** questions????
    I have my slot booked on the 17th of september.
  • 101010101010 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have my slot booked on the 17th of september.

In a word: No.

To expound on the above statement:

TechExams Forum Rules

Specifically:
    Posting actual exam questions and/or promoting, condoning and linking to brain **** sites will lead to a permanent ban.

Also Cisco's Code of Certification Ethics forbids it, laying out some strict penalties for any violations:
    Violations of the Code of Certification Ethics are serious. A violation, including a failure to report potential violations committed by others, can result in possible legal action, candidate sanction and removal from the program.

It is much more satisfying (not to mention ethical) to pass the test on your own merits.

2017 Goals:
    [x] GCIH

"Well if you're going to have delusions of grandeur, may as well go for the really satisfying ones." - Marcus, Babylon 5
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□

NO.....
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
    You have to be careful. Some **** sites look legit at first glance. I was looking for Packet Tracer labs a while back and came upon a site that had a number of PT Labs available for download. But, I noticed comments saying things like "Great Lab. I saw this exact Sim on my ICND2." I went to certguard and sure enough they listed them as a **** Site. Needless to say, I never used any of their labs and never went back to that site again.
    BTW, I used:

Odom's ICND1
    Odom's ICND2
    Lammle's CCNA
    INE CCNA Videos (Currently FREE)
    Packet Tracer
    GNS3
    Real Equipment

NOTE: Packet Trace is adequate to pass the CCNA, but Real (Live) Equipment is best.