I passed 70-687 today I am now Windows 8 certified

kramitkramit Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
There are alot of drag and drop questions but nothing too much to worry about

I got alot of questions on File History, Storage pools, and a couple on hyper-v.

Apart from that nothing changing from Windows 7 exam, bit about DISM and App installs using msiexec. Power options regarding hibernate and sleep. Usual stuff really.

Anyone who did not have any trouble with the Windows 7 exams will have no issue with this exam.

Any questions?

I will put a full write up on my site http://www.michaelwhitehouse.com tomorrow

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • nosoup4unosoup4u Member Posts: 365
    Nice, I'll try and knock this one sooner rather then later, I just got my 680 now that windows 8 just came out I can't wait till windows 9 comes out to get this lol
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass. That one's on my list after finishing up my degree.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!

I might go for this one.
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]
  • LethcanAernisLethcanAernis Member Posts: 6 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations and thanks for the tips, I'm about to write this tomorrow.
    Was there any IPv6 or PowerShell questions at all?
  • LethcanAernisLethcanAernis Member Posts: 6 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I passed but don't really agree that those who passed Win7 will have no problem with this certification.
    Many Windows 8 related questions, I would recommend everyone to read up on File History feature before taking the exam.
  • NavyITNavyIT Member Posts: 171
    Just curious, why will a certification in Windows 8 be relevant within the next 3 years?
    A.S. - Computer Networking: Cisco
    B.S. - Computer & Network Security
  • nosoup4unosoup4u Member Posts: 365
    I can't say it'll be 100% relevant but there's nothing wrong with adding more knowledge to your personal database and to employers I bet its nice to see a potential employee excited about new IT related products and wiling to try something new without fighting it per say...
  • MrNetTekMrNetTek Member Posts: 100 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • MrNetTekMrNetTek Member Posts: 100 ■■■■□□□□□□
    NavyIT wrote: »
    Just curious, why will a certification in Windows 8 be relevant within the next 3 years?

Tablet use on the rise...could be one reason.

But another one...Microsoft believes that Windows 8 marks the evolution of the OS. They believe that all practical usage will be touch interface based in the near future. Please note, an Android OS isn't the same as a full operating system. That's why Windows 8 is relevant - it's the beginning of perhaps a second Microsoft world domination.

Also note, most certifications have a 3-5 year shelf anyway. If you're in technology and will support Windows 8, there is no reason not to get certified, other than laziness.

Eddie Jackson (MrNetTek)
    Eddie Jackson - Professional Profile
  • mr_tech_ukmr_tech_uk Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well pass this exam as well you need both 687 688 for the MCSA 8 I here that there is no MCTS in Windows 8 which is a shshame with reference to the exam there was a little on powers he'll command and ipv 6

Glad I got this exam out of the way on to the 688 now or Server 2012 Exams

Good luck to all also Microsoft offer a.second shot now till 2014 don't forget to register before the exam